Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have both of them in the tank, they hang out in the same piece of wood. Will they be alright knowing that the lionfish is venomous? What to feed them is another question? THnkU

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
do you have pics of that fresh water lionfish? like to see it

·
Registered
583 Posts
i take it you have an Allenbatrachus grunniens, which really does best in brackish water

should be fed earthworms. a hard fish to convert off live foods.

as for the venom, it is very mild, like a bee sting.

what eel is it? Gymnothorax sp - freshwater moray? these also are best in brackish conditions and both make great tank mates

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, thats the fish I got. I guess its also called stonefish, toadfish. We call him the lionfish, because its related to the saltwater version down the line. Hes pretty cool and creeps around when its gets dark. The eel I have is the snowflake morey eel. I am having a hard time feeding them. But they had a long trip so I am not gonna worry yet. Thanks guys

·
Registered
14,959 Posts
I don't know about the lion but that eel can be in full salt and should not be in fresh water. They can go on feeding strikes for a variety of known and unknown reasons so be prepared. Great info ctarry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.