Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some piranahs, first aquarium ever!! I currently have 9 small ones in a 5 gal, and i dont need abuncha lectures telling me how big of a tank im going to need!!!

I was wondering which type is the best piranah to raise for food ? ? Piranahs r a delicassy and just looking at them you can tell theirs not much meat!! It mUST BE WORZTH IT!!

Also the fish store dude didnt even suggest anything for my water, some bacteria sh*t thats good for my sh*t ? bio ? Whats that called for the water cycle ? ?

One more question about my red bellies.... wtf does captive mean and are you suppost to feed red bellies raw meat/fish ?? I think a diet of cichilid food and like 20% live fish and whatever i wanna stick in there. What u guys suggest ? i really dont care if thye die i want to have fun with my tank

If aqariums arent for me than oh well ..... i love putting my blood into the tank after marinating a dead fancy fish with it for 2 hours and then feed my piranahs!!

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
I bought some piranahs, first aquarium ever!! I currently have 9 small ones in a 5 gal, and i dont need abuncha lectures telling me how big of a tank im going to need!!!

I was wondering which type is the best piranah to raise for food ? ? Piranahs r a delicassy and just looking at them you can tell theirs not much meat!! It mUST BE WORZTH IT!!

Also the fish store dude didnt even suggest anything for my water, some bacteria sh*t thats good for my sh*t ? bio ? Whats that called for the water cycle ? ?

One more question about my red bellies.... wtf does captive mean and are you suppost to feed red bellies raw meat/fish ?? I think a diet of cichilid food and like 20% live fish and whatever i wanna stick in there. What u guys suggest ? i really dont care if thye die i want to have fun with my tank

If aqariums arent for me than oh well ..... i love putting my blood into the tank after marinating a dead fancy fish with it for 2 hours and then feed my piranahs!!
umm....

redbelly's diet's usually consist of, shrimp, talpia, prawns, bloodworms, etc...that all can be searched up thru the site...for raising the p's for food i wouldnt know anything about that, i dont think many piranha keepers on this site raise them just for food....im not going to hastle you about having a 5gal tank with 9 baby's in it....ill just let you know if you wantes them for life you would need about a 180g tank for them to be living in a full grown environment...captive means that they were born in a tank...most redbelly's are born in "captive "(theyre own tank)...caribe are born in the wild...just for an example...putting your blood in the tank with maranating stuff isnt good for the fish either....i would just strongly suggest either dropping 8 of the 9 p's, and get atleast a 35 for a few months....but w.o a doubt you'll need a tank upgrade...i would like to see you succeed in the fish keeping world...but not sure if you'll beable to with what you got...maybe do lots of research to find out your prime answers

·
Registered
416 Posts
piranhas are not a delicasy. if you read, they have alot more fish they eat long before they ever touch piranha. the only real reason they eat piranha is because they cant help but catch them in there nets. and they are not wasteful people. and raising piranhas in a home aquarium. good luck, you do realize that with all the chemicals you have to use to keep piranha alive also will effect the flavor quite a bit. and you cant get by not using them because you need flawless water conditions for your fish to grow especially to a size that is edible. from what i hear they are very boney and do not carry much flavor.

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
good topic. P's are not for you.

·
Offical P-Fury Ex-communicant
6,712 Posts
I swear, gods gift to man was beer, not woman....

edit.... wow.... im cut off already. Totally the wrong topic. This is what happnes when you go grab yourself another beer and you forget which thread you are replying to

·
Caribe > Any Other Piranha
6,351 Posts
the liquids and wat not that u put into the tank to treat the water and fish make the fish totally unsafe for human consumption (read the labels it says it right on there)

If u really did want to grow one up and eat it...ur best bet would be to get a recent import (2-3) days in this country and then raise it up using bottled water, no conditioners, nothing but just bottled water, heater and wat not.

otherwise ur putting urself at a major health risk

and if this thread was just to cause a comotion on this site...then well fu.

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,881 Posts
I am closing this topic. If anybody else with the power thinks that this thread is fit, feel free to re-open it...something just seems 'fishy' to me, plus we've already had some spamming similar to this lately.
~Taylor~

*Topic Closed*

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.