Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
Ok since there is a lot of question and woundering lately in here about eating piranha or how does piranha taste like. Here is some few pic, some ideas how the amazon or South America cook piranha. It's very normal for amazon people eat and cook them. It's they native fish, and it real normal for them to fish and kill, eat, cook, etc...In the wild piranha are good are excellent food depending on how you cook them.

I never eat piranha before but have read lots and been told it tast like any other fish and very tasty as well. If I would be in a wild and take a trip to amazon I would definately eat them, but NOT piranha from aquarium.

Piranha in aquarium is full with bacteria, not ateable, and I think it would tast nasty..Well take a look at these pic and see if you would eat piranha in the wild.

What you guys/gurls think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
i would try some.... if the P died on its own lol no killing Ps for food lol

·
Caribe > Any Other Piranha
6,351 Posts
yea..could be Elong...it's very hard to tell becuase it got deep fries and well cook already..
No, its not very hard to tell, that IS a elong.

and ur statement, Aquarium Piranhas are full of bacteria? where did u get this info?

Id say they are unsafe to eat if u get them from an aquarium because of the chemicals we expose them to

not because of the bacteria...

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,881 Posts
Why do they cut them up like that on the sides?
They slice them so that the spices and other flavorings they use will penetrate deep into the flesh of the fish. Then they wrap them in a banana tree leaf and let them simmer over the fire, or just put them into a skillet if you are a modern tribe of South Americans.

~Taylor~

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
They slice them so that the spices and other flavorings they use will penetrate deep into the flesh of the fish. Then they wrap them in a banana tree leaf and let them simmer over the fire, or just put them into a skillet if you are a modern tribe of South Americans.

~Taylor~
[/quote]

Cool Id like to see how they really taste

·
Registered
4,112 Posts

~Taylor~
[/quote]

wow...do you know that because you cook alot, or just research :rasp: ....thats amazing how much piranha is aten down there, its like an everyday food for them, but lots would be very rare to most of us

http://www.piranha-fury.com/pfury/uploads/...-1167704328.jpg

those are snakeheads there too laying on the table...just noticed that

·
Caribe > Any Other Piranha
6,351 Posts
They slice them so that the spices and other flavorings they use will penetrate deep into the flesh of the fish. Then they wrap them in a banana tree leaf and let them simmer over the fire, or just put them into a skillet if you are a modern tribe of South Americans.:laugh:
~Taylor~
[/quote]

wow...do you know that because you cook alot, or just research :rasp: ....thats amazing how much piranha is aten down there, its like an everyday food for them, but lots would be very rare to most of us

http://www.piranha-fury.com/pfury/uploads/...-1167704328.jpg

those are snakeheads there too laying on the table...just noticed that
[/quote]

snake heads? u mean the arrowanas?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.