Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i look at stores I just see written 'red piranha', although i just realised red bellies and cariba look v. similar, which are easiest to start with? I swear redbellies are the most popular in the UK i'm not sure if cariba are as abundant!

·
Registered
985 Posts
It might be wise to go with red bellies, if its your first piranha. Cariba are more aggressive and territorial. Red bellies are pretty easy to take care of.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
you wont get variba in the uk unless you hook up with us the uk piranha club i have a piraya and will get a cariba on the next uk order.
pm me if you want more info
dixon

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Yeah, reds are the easiest to start with and to take care of. Maybe later when you feel comfortable taking care of your reds you can go with caribas.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Reds are easy but Caribas are better...most people starting with Reds get rid of them to get Caribas later...take the short way...you won´t regret but remember to read a lot info before getting your Ps...
!

...i forgot, Caribas are more expensive, thought!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I first started with 12 cariba, and everything was fine. They aren't hard to take care of. You can start with any p you want. All pygos are easy to take care of.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts