Piranhas Forum banner

earthworms

231 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Killer Carp 
#1 ·
whenever I feed my piranahs earthworms, the worm works it's way into the substrate and I never see it again...... not even when I vacuum the tank. Do you think the ps eventually get it ? How do you feed your piranahs worms? Do you cut them first?

#6 ·
my red bellies have never acted hungry..... they just watch that worm, actually I dropped one in the tank, it landed between the 3 ps and it scared them.... they all darted off in different directions. I dont overfeed them, and they get a good variety. They have been in that tank at least 6 months and are now about 4 inches. do you think I should cut back feeding to every other day? They usually eat all that I give them, it just takes a couple of hours.

#7 ·
I always keep the worms in a jar for a couple days so they can empty out the poop, you don't want your fish eating that. I usually throw them in whole, a few may bury into the substrate, but eventually they will probably surface at a later time and become a snack for your fish. I have cleaned out aquariums that have had happy, healthy earthworms living under the gravel months after being thrown in so they must adapt and become somewhat aquatic(and smart enough to avoid being eaten) if the oxygen content is high enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.