Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I occassionally go out and dig up about 20 earthworms and drop them in for my Rhom and Reds and 2 weeks later i see 2 worms on the sand moving and figure it's the powehead or current making them move. I took both of them out and found out both of them were still alive. I had no clue worms could stay alive underwater. Is this bad for water quality?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I think your suppose to cut off the ends of the worm before you put it in the tank to prevent it from digging into the worms!

·
Registered
880 Posts
the worms eat the crap and what not and are good for your plants. if they are live. the worms will surface eventually and bam your ps will atack viciousness

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have very fine sand and it packs tightly on the bottom so they can't dig into the sand. I figure it's gotta be better then feeder fish.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
fung88 said:
I think your suppose to cut off the ends of the worm before you put it in the tank to prevent it from digging into the worms!
[snapback]940237[/snapback]​
Thats what I did and it work.

·
Registered
880 Posts
really worms do great for a planted tank but they ussually dont stay alive long enough to do anything due to the tastiness of their bodies. lol. anyways thats the same reason it is good to have worms in your garden

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
yeah i know about the worms in gardens *wink wink*...

i put a worm in today, and my P was hovering over it...not even paying attention to it.
then i dropped in a shrimp, and he scarfed it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
i used to get a clean hypodermic needle and stick it in the worm and pump air into them so they float on top of the water kind of gross but it works.

·
Registered
24 Posts
earthworms can become aquatic quite easily if the oxygen content is high enough. I once tore down an aquarium in the fall that had worms living under the gravel that were thrown in there in the spring. They seemed perfectly healthy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts