Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive fed my 3 RPB's earth worms that i dug up and they seem to enjoy them. IT wasnt until recently i thought twice about it. Could these earth worms be bad for my fish at all? I started to think about diseases and stuff so i dont know. what do you guys think?

G

·
I feed earthworms that I catch myself to all of my fish about 4 or 5 times a week throughout the summer. I have never had any problems.

I am going to guess that it's entirely unlikely that a fish can catch a disease from an earthworm.

· ~ATLANTA BRAVES~
15,116 Posts
You need to be careful when feeding them from the outdoors. Make sure your neighbors dont use any pesticides on the lawns or anywhere near it that the worms might be contaminated with. I personally just by a pack of 12 of them from Walmart for $2 and dont worry about it.

· Registered
956 Posts
squeeze the sh*t out of them while rinsing them off in water

I just buy meal worms at my LFS for $1.35 a dozen. I ussally feed one worm every 2-3 days. The worms are kept in a jar and are fed carrots, garlic and hikari color enhancing pellets.
I have been doing this for the past couple of weeks and have noticed great growth and coloration on my s. sanchezi.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.