Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think you will all enjoy this. I went and tore this guy a new ass. The following text I copied from a website called "extended years forums" under the messages board. this dumbass was giving a guy advice on his fish not eating. Check out all the misinformation he put :

Dear James,
Just so you know I have owned several Pirahnas before and many MANY cichlids also. The recommend temp for larger pirahnas is between 78-80 degrees to allow their meals to digest properly.One reason they may not be ating is because if the goldfish you introduced into your ank are larger than the pirahnas are, they will feel intimidated by them until the lights go off than all they will do is mame the goldfish such as chewing its tail and ventral fins off. DO NOT EVER EVER feed your pirahnas mice it is NOT a part of their diet no matter what anyone tells you DO NOT give them mice it will make them sicker than hell. Another thing you should never feed your pirahnas is Bloodworm. Bloodworn is good for species like angelfish and larger Characins such as oscars but pirahnas strange as it sounds are very picky eaters. One thing you can try is feeding them frozen beefheart which you can get from any butcher shop and cut it into chunks and freeze it in small portions for them. Freeze dried tubifex worms work good also and so does freeze dried mosquito larvae but be VERY careful not to overfeed it to them as they will become bloated and may die
Try my different live foods because goldfish are good but sometimes they don't like them. I have two larger pirahnas right now (about 5-6 inches) and I usually give them goldfish also but I always vary their diet with pellet food such as Nutrimax Gold Cichlid pellets, dried tubifex and Frozen brine shrimp and plankton also. If you can find these get them, live feeder ghost shrimp they shred the sh*t out of them they love them !!! Feeder minnows are not a good idea they carry alot of diseases and I know a close friend who lost over 400 dollars worth of white pirahnas from minnows. Another thing you wanna do is make VERY sure the pirahnas have alot of hiding places as they are very timid and if you have them in a tank with just plants they feel aggravated being seen all the time and won't eat at all. Try placing some different shapes and sizes of caves for them to hide under and sit away from the tank for awhile and believe me they will eat when they're hungry just make sure you don't go running up to the tank because another thing I'll tell you is this ...
Pirahnas are like sharks they have sensors in their jawline that can detect vibrations and static current in the water for mile away so NEVER EVER tap the glass and say hey guys how ya doin there ??? NOT a good idea at all and if you have cats get rid of them NOW or just toss them in the tank when your fish are fully grown that'll do it. Contrary to poular belief, Pirahnas are incredibly smart fish. They can detect a weaker slower fish and they know when a fish is sick and they'll kill it first rather than eating the healthy ones. Here's my best advice I can give you and if it doesn't work I don't know what to say; I know this is a pain in the ass ok ??? But take EVERYTHING out of the tank, plants, filters, rocks and wood if you have any and clean it all off thoroughly with warm water. Than clean the gravel with one of those gravel cleaning things and make sure when you add new water check the temp because if you just add tap water, the fish will go into shock from the chlorine unless of course you have a water filtration system than don't worry about it just get some water neutralizer tablets from your fav pet store and MAKE SURE the water is between 78-80 degrees when you add it into the tank. If you have Aquaclear filters whatever you do NEVER EVER EVVVVEEEER replace the spondge, charcoal, and ammonia remover at the same time as it will get rid of beneficial bacteria that help your tank stay free of algae blooms and help your plants go and make the water stay clear. Clean your filter thoroughly but don't overdo it as you'll kill all the bacteria if you do. Another good investment is a powerhead filter hooked up to an undergravel filtration system as Pirahnas like a strong current in the tank but I mean they don't need a Type 5 Vortex funnel of water in the tank they'll freak out and wonder what the hell is going on. One thing you should buy is a water ph test kit and make sure the ph is between 7.2-almost 8 because Pirahnas are used to fairly hard water conditions. That's the best advice I can give you and remember this also ...
When you first clean your tank the water will be kinda cloudy for about 2-3 days depending on how big your tank is. ( Pirahnas fully grown need at least a 40 gallon tank) Clean your filter(s) when you clean the tank, than once the water has become clear, clean your filters again to remove all the sh*t they picked up when you cleaned the tank. Your fish will thank you trust me !!!! Here's my e-mail address if you wanna let me know how everything's going and if you had or didn't have any luck with them. It's [email protected] if you wanna send me an e-mail just so I know what's going down. Sorry for writing so much just wanna help a fellow Pirahna lover I know they are cool fish but they do need a bit of work to stay healthy and happy :D By the way they won't ever breed for you it has never happened but if it does you will be the first guy in 60 years to make it happen in a captive tank and raking in the dough because you can sell babies for 15-20 dollars a piece !!!! Take it easy and I'll hope to hear back from you to see how things are going with your kids
Bye for now and happy fishkeeping !!!

Sincerely,
Dave Hewitt

Thats' what I thought....hmmmm, did you find any misinformation in this idiots discertation. (obviously) and what the f--- is a white p? this guy is a crackhead. he doesnt even spell piranha right. people like this make me mad as hell. he should'nt even own fish... everyone go get him if you would like. (website listed in first paragraph)

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Jonas said:
NEVER EVER tap the glass and say hey guys how ya doin there ??? NOT a good idea
HaHaHaHa

~Dj

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ha ha ha ! I hope this guy gets it from both barrels....expose the prick is what I say... I also had a good laugh about my p's are supposed to be intimidated by a bigger goldfish, ooohhh, i'm scared now...

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
what is this guy doing?!?! smoking dick while typing this out? boy.... dont feed them bloodworms and mice? he feeds his Ps feeder(comets) fish rather than minnows9rosy reds)? isnt feeders more dangerous than minnow?

·
Registered
347 Posts
One reason they may not be ating is because if the goldfish you introduced into your ank are larger than the pirahnas are, they will feel intimidated by them
If you want a truly aggressive and scary fish, get a goldfish.

From what the guy says, Ps have a damn hard time surviving in the wild.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I listed the site in my first paragraph up at the top and if you guys want, go bash on him...I did and it was great. enjoy the free for all and I will see all of you tommorrow. gotta go to work now.

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
I didn't feel like reading all of it, but they do not get sick off of mice even though it is sad when you guys do that. Bloodworms are fine as long as it isn't every day.

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Outie said:
Wow thats a lot of strange information. Still trying to figure out the mysterious "white pirahna" also i enjoy the don't feed minnows but comets are okay! hehe
another name for a s.rhombeus= white piranha,black piranha, red eyed piranha, etc.

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Neoplasia said:
That name sounds really familiar for some reason, can't quite place it.
I was thinking the same thing...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.