Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was rummaging around in the freezer for some red meat. i never really let my fish eat it, but they deserve a treat every now and then. i was certain i'd find something in there no one would miss. well, as luck would have it i found a raw lamb chop from last year that was clearly not going to be used so i took it out and cut off all the freezer burn and fat while it was still frozen and cut it into p size chunks to freeze and feed them later. i let one thaw and threw it in and wham! WWIII breaks out. big feeding frenzy. it's a shame red meat isn't that good for p's because they love it! must be the blood in the meat when it hits the water. my different pygos all have their favorite foods, but they all definitely agree on this. if anyone has any raw lamb wasting away or anything like that in the freezer from way back when, don't throw it out. your p's will thank you for sure.

· Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
raw chicken has been a hit in the past, but i haven't seen this enthusiasm before. it's hilarious watching a 5.5" rbp and an 8" piraya try to eat the same piece of meat the fastest. they both latch on and start shaking and greedily try and house it before the caribe (absolute eating machine) and other reds get to it. then one gets a good piece and has to eat it at a full sprint while all the other fish try and chase him and get in on it.

· Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay, since my piraya is larger and less speedy than my smaller pygos, the little guys got the lion's share of the lamb the first time. i threw in another big piece and the piraya (who's lower jaw is as thick as our front door) instantly snagged it and just started slamming his jaws and teeth down on it like the t. rex eating that lawyer in the shitter in jurassic park. the demo culminated with him tearing it to ribbons, swallowing it, then doing a few hot laps around the tank afterward at top speed while the smaller pygos rooted for scraps. i've gotta spoil my big fella!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.