Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to make your own "aquarium-safe" drift wood, like the kind you see in the LFS? How do you prepair it? does it have to be a certain type of wood? Just courious, all my set ups are all ROCK formations and im looking do something a little different. Anyone know how to do this??? thanks again.

John
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
go to supernates website there is a perfect way to do it ion the DIY section there!!!!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
timmyshultis said:
go to supernates website there is a perfect way to do it ion the DIY section there!!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
yup supernate's website is a prefect way to do it...... I did not follow it and put the wood staright in to my tank
....... it sure stians the water....... but getting better though.......

·
Registered
242 Posts
No, I thought you guys just went down to a lake and picked up some white driftwood, boiled it and tossed it in your tanks. I suddenly feel kinda stupid.
My lfs doesn't sell driftwood, it's just that ceramic stuff.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I didn't know that you could actually buy driftwood. Couldn't you just pick some up, boil it and put it in your tank, or is that too risky?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
haha..
i just tossed it in my aq.
without boiling or something like that, and it was still floating
(after 2 days)

so.. i got it out yesterday.. just lfs driftwood for me...

·
Registered
513 Posts
I am in the process of prepping a huge piece I picked up from the river I live about 3 blocks away from. It's 42" long, about 8" high (arched), and maybe 5-7" wide. I soaked it in saltwater, rinsed, soaked in a diluted bleach, rinsed, and am now saoking it in just water. All of this was/is being done in my bathtub, haha. GL finding some nice drift.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts