Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get them done to my hair, but Im not sure how. Should I go somewhere to get them done or can they be done at home?

And you have to shave your head to get them off, no?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
You can do it youself. They make kits for it. I know your hair has to be super long and super dirty. You literally can't wash it for like a month or something before you do it.

When you get them.

You will have been offically "Hippied".

·
my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,514 Posts
danny lease for the loveof good dont do it

at one time had long hair and wanted dreads and thank god i never did the hippie alarm with be going 24/7 i think it takes more and earns more repect to be a non hippie type hippie, its ok to blast reagge with a mohawk or shaved head dreads are dirty and nasty and the one that "man made" are poser and lame

·
10,514 Posts
I thought you were much less of a comformist than that, Danny.

lol jk bud
hes right though..

ever see slc punk? itsmore punk to not be punk and the hippie look is a bad way to go even if your at a ski area you get further faster with a clean look its not about being a conformist because thats all in the attitude its all about selling your image you can be your self withou t looking like a dirty hippie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think she looked amazing!

Im not a hippy! Hahah. I dont smoke weed, and I dont laze around all day and have zero goals. I just think they give off a certain vibe (no smell jokes) about the person who has them...right now I have long hair which I tie back and people look at me like Im a chick! And I dont want short hair, so dont bother!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I would like to scalp a lot of these dred-locked hippies in my city. They think they are real "individuals". Well, scalping may be a bit extreme, how about a blow torch.....

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Dude, seriously, they are DIRTY. Literally f*cking DIRTY. There was a kid here at my school with red hair who had dreads and it was pretty gross. I mean they are literally f*cking DIRTY, greasy nasty tangled dirty gross.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I know a few people with dreads, and was once considering getting them.
They're not actually as dirty as you guys are saying, there is special non-residue shampoo that you use . So your hair is still clean.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know a few people with dreads, and was once considering getting them.
They're not actually as dirty as you guys are saying, there is special non-residue shampoo that you use . So your hair is still clean.
I JUST read that on a how to site.

What kind of shops do this?

Good thing Im workin out again, nothing worse then a 17 year old skinny ass mother with dreads :laugh:

·
10,514 Posts
I think she looked amazing!

Im not a hippy! Hahah. I dont smoke weed, and I dont laze around all day and have zero goals. I just think they give off a certain vibe (no smell jokes) about the person who has them...right now I have long hair which I tie back and people look at me like Im a chick! And I dont want short hair, so dont bother!
lol the vibe is i dont shower and it definately looks like i smoke weed so denying it is futile

the not dirty dreads are for uber posers and i would respect real dread more then the "im too yupiie for real dreads and dont smoke pot so i have "trendy fakedreads""

yes folks i used the quote withint the quote...

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
right now I have long hair which I tie back and people look at me like Im a chick! And I dont want short hair, so dont bother!
Either way with long hair whether it's a mohawk, dreads, or straight people are going to look at you.. And when they look at you they will see these things..

Mohawk = Punk kid that's anti-society
Dreads = Dirty bum who wants to be jamacian or lacks a job and smokes alot of pot
Long straight hair = Someone who really loves his long hair, whether it's to be a rocker or because he thinks the chicks dig it

I'm not saying don't do it. I'm saying don't do it because you don't like how someone looks at you because I'm not sure dreads will make it better.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
right now I have long hair which I tie back and people look at me like Im a chick! And I dont want short hair, so dont bother!
Either way with long hair whether it's a mohawk, dreads, or straight people are going to look at you.. And when they look at you they will see these things..

Dreads = Dirty bum who wants to be jamacian or lacks a job and smokes alot of pot
Long straight hair = Someone who really loves his long hair, whether it's to be a rocker or because he thinks the chicks dig it

I'm not saying don't do it. I'm saying don't do it because you don't like how someone looks at you because I'm not sure dreads will make it better.
[/quote]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)

[/quote]

Good insight
Very true.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts