Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
dragon fish can live in either freshwater or brackish water, but the ones that were caught in brackish water will develop red tumors on its body in freshwater, and the ones caught in freshwater will develop a green slime if placed in brackish water. there is no way to tell where they came from, exept asking the person who caught them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A friend gave me a dragon goby for free and i put him in a 10 gallon tank. I put some gold fish in there for him to eat and he hasn't touched them, theya re still alive. Since the gold fish survived in the salt water, would the goby survive in the fresh wate?

·
tap or snap
11,899 Posts
routoq said:
A friend gave me a dragon goby for free and i put him in a 10 gallon tank. I put some gold fish in there for him to eat and he hasn't touched them, theya re still alive. Since the gold fish survived in the salt water, would the goby survive in the fresh wate?
[snapback]950383[/snapback]​
no. the goldfish may live for a while, but they'll die shortly. that's a guarantee. don't try to mix fresh and brackish water fish, it won't last.

·
Registered
681 Posts
the dragon fish won't eat the goldfish. the only things i have been able to get them to eat is frozen bloodworms, frozen mysis shrimp, and frozen brine shrimp.

did your friend keep the dragon in freshwater or brackish water?

·
Registered
681 Posts
i have never been able to successfully acclimate a brackish dragon to freshwater or a freshwater dragon to brackish. thats just my experience thou.

i wouldn't recomend it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts