Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Hiya!

I may just be paranoid, however the dorsal fin on my small RBP is all "spikey". By that I mean the long strands that are supposed to be held together by other parts of the fin are there, but they aren't being held together. It looks like hair on the fish, so to speak.

Is this just nipping or is this like fin rot or something similar?

I have a couple of pics, hopefully they will be of some use. They aren't the clearest but if you really zoom in on the fin, you'll notice the seperation. You can't see them on the pics, but there are some small white spots on the dorsal and tail fin as well. Is that ICH?

EDIT: Forgot to add that my water parameters are perfect and I do weekly cleaning and maintenance. I have never introduced feeders or anything of the sort into the tank other than the shrimp that they eat.

Let me know asap!

Thanks,

Pac

·
Registered
450 Posts
ich looks like grains of salt attached to the fins...and as it gets worse it moves to the body.....as for fin rot...i'm not an expert so i dont want to suggest anything but keep a close eye on it because i just lost a p to it but the case mine had spread very quickly....i would go buy a bottle of melafix just incase if it starts to progress or if someone can tell u exactly what the disease is.....even if its nothing its good to have some meds around everyone once in awhile....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.