Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tip- and im new to this board, so please forgive me if this is common practice here. When I buy my beefheart I cut it up and place it on wax paper on a cookie sheet then put it in the freezer for a few hours and then remove and bag. The cubes don't stick together then and I can remove them and defrost qucik and easy- about 2 minutes in a glass of warm water. Its how you make frozen grapes too- the best summertime dessert.

·
Registered
829 Posts
altho i usualy just go buy a dollars worth of salmon/haddock every couple days, and keep it fresh, that is a good tip for those who freeze it!

and frozen grapes?!? wonder if you p's would like 'em? haha!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
WELCOME also!!

That is a good tip.. always hated cutting in cubes, freezing them, then waiting for all to thaw down just to separate 'em.

·
Soft Machine
1,687 Posts
I've been using BH latley, they dig it.

But try setting some aside zip locked in the fridge or even on the counter for a little, then stick it in mine go bannanas! Spilos and Reds

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
This is what I do, but I dont use wax paper, I just put it on the sheet, freeze it, and use a spatula to get it off and put in freezer bags. Like chaos said, then you dont have to worry about it sticking together.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Perhaps it is not common knowledge, but this little tip will benifit alot of people im sure. I do this myself. I find that it is the simplest way. I dont use wax paper though, I just put them directly on the cookie sheet and pry them off with a spatula. Then into a ziplock they go.

~Dj

1 - 11 of 11 Posts