Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have learned a lot from your post so far and looking forward to learning a lot more. I was just wondering if you could please explain who you are and give us a lil insight on your background. I know you dont enter the lounge much if at all, but we would all like to know. Thank you.

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
I have seen him on p fish, and noticed that the guy is very well informed! Good to see that he is here to help us! He had helped me out with a problem. Thanks for giving your time to help others out.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I've PM'd Don last week, asking the same questions about who he was, how he knows so much about water perimeters/conditioning, and where he's from. Kewl guy to talk to!! Very well has my respect!!!

·
Hello Everybody!
2,049 Posts
Thanks for the kind comments guys… and yet I only get one vote? Hmmmmm…
Just kidding.

Background: I started in the hobby at the age of 10 when my parents bought me a 10 gallon tank with platies, guppies, and a couple of corydoras and I have been keeping at least one tank ever since (that was over 23 years ago). Since that time, I've kept many different types of fish available to the hobby (South American catfish, arowanas, stingrays, marine, reef, discus, koi, and of course, piranha). I worked at a little mom and pop fish store through high school for spending money. Unfortunately, I spent all of it on fish (but at a discounted price
) Most of what I have learnt comes from killing a lot of fish and trying to figure out what I did wrong. Knowledge comes quicker when it hurts the wallet. Another good source of info for me in the past has been discussion boards (like this one), I have absorbed quite a bit of knowledge about diseases and water chemistry from advanced koi hobbyists. You would be amazed at how much research goes into these two areas when you have spent over $20,000 on a single fish (not me, but I learned from those who have).

I have been keeping piranha for over 10 years along with other tropicals but I have recently downsized my collection and decided to concentrated on keeping various species of piranha. Here's my latest addition (16" rhom), it's a bit stressed from the trip… you like?

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Thats is one cool tank setup. What size is the tank?

~Dj

·
Hello Everybody!
2,049 Posts
It's currently in a 90 gallon (kinda throws out the 30 gallon per large piranha rule doesn't it?
)

grosse gurke: I was going back and forth about whether to add 6 more geryi to the 180 or get the rhom. Decided to get the rhom because I wanted to have a tank showcased in the living room instead of in the garage. Either way I think it would have been a good choice...

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Great Rhom...BRAVO!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.