Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad said I could have a medium sized dog but he doesnt want me to let it sleep inside the house.

Anyone keep their dogs outside for the night?

If so how do you protect him against the cold?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
both of my dogs stay inside
i had 2 rotts.....all inside dogs but now the 2 dogs i have left stay in

Attachments

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
Yeah, dogs really need to be inside and be part of the family.
They're too emotional to be separated like that.

If you want a 100% outside pet, perhaps a goat or sheep would be a better choice.

Here's a pic of me and my buddy "Bodhi."

Attachments

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
i had goats.... they stayed outsine for the most part

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
get a sheep...they're lots of fun

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
I agree with the above stated. Do not get a dog. They are much like having a child, and from the sounds of it, you are still pretty young. IMO, stick to the fish. Dogs are a ton more work.

·
Your Kung Fu is No Good Here...
4,021 Posts
Dogs are NOT outside pets. Dogs can suffer terribly from seperation anxiety, and keeping a dog outside all night it nothing short of abuse. Not only will the dog suffer, but it will become very detached and you risk aggression problems and a psychologically injured dog. Think of a dog like having a baby. Its about the same amount of work and they have many of the same requirements and needs. Would you keep a baby in a dog house?

·
Look into my eyes!
7,561 Posts
Dogs are NOT outside pets. Dogs can suffer terribly from seperation anxiety, and keeping a dog outside all night it nothing short of abuse. Not only will the dog suffer, but it will become very detached and you risk aggression problems and a psychologically injured dog. Think of a dog like having a baby. Its about the same amount of work and they have many of the same requirements and needs. Would you keep a baby in a dog house?
Agreed with alll of the above, but how is keeping a dog outside all night abuse?

Let me guess, the next thing you will say is taking a dog hunting is abusive as well.

I've had people tell me that before. I've even had people say watching a bird die, or shooting a gun can emotionally scar a dog for life.

They are dogs, most dogs will be fine in a kennel outside all night.

·
Registered
8,930 Posts
personally i would never keep any of my dogs outside. our big one likes to go outside for long periods of time during the day, but as soon as it gets dark he is begging to get back inside.

·
5,336 Posts

my dags sleep in the garage with heated concrete floors... spoiled bitches! but they are with me every waking moment posible so.... where they sleep isnt improtant... and seperation anxiety is totally different... thats when you are never around, and they are outside all the time.... only see you when you refill the bucket of food or water type of deal... if dogs arent outside animals... how do wolves and coyotes survive? and how are dogs around if they didnt survive outside sometime in history?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts