Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
It was my friend's birthday yesterday and we celebrated it at a restaurant. There were 12 people, 6 I knew from school, the other 5 were from his Christian fellowship. Since having no religion , I was bombarded with questions asking me to join their club aka fellowship. They spent the entire night asking me if I wanted to "seek the Truth" or "Discover my Salvation" and if "The Truth is absolute or relative"....WTF? The entire 2 hrs of dinner was spent trying to convince me that nothing is better then Christians. I don't know what came over me within the last hour but I just ended up hitting the kid on my left in the ribs which shut them all up. The party ended 30 minutes later and none of the christian spoke to me after that until we all said bye to one another. My friend who had the party said he knew I would end up doing something from the start when they started the crap.

Do you have any friends that are Christians or what ever and bug you non-stop about joining their Fellowships? Or if you're a Christian, can you please explain whats the deal with this? Do you get heaven credits if you refer more people?

Personally I am not one to EVER bring this up.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I tell them if they want me to respect their opinions, they better leave me out of their religious sh*t and respect mine. I have a zero tollerance policy for religious lunacy. And I really try to distance myself from the crazy holier than thous.

·
06 C6 LS2
8,000 Posts
Yea the military. No matter how many times I say no thanks they just keep calling. I’m almost positive Creighton University is giving my name to them. Funny thing is I graduated 6.5 years ago.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I guess it's like people bugging you to drink or do drugs...just say no.
It's easier for people to accept drug peer presure than religious peer presure.
I am a christian but what happend to you really iritates me and I don't blame you for getting upset or wanting to slap the sh!t out of them...it's just harrasment.

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
you should have orederd DEVILED eggs

then i think they would have shut up

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
I had a friend from high school who moved away for a bit to the East coast and came back a crazy born again. She was hardcore. Listening to all kinds of Christian music. Hanging out with only Christian people. It was something else, I'm telling you... Her and her friend made it their personal mission to try and convert me one day to the point where they were arranging for 'coincidences' to happen. Two stick out in my mind. The first was my 'accidentally' getting mailed the P.O.D. cd in the mail from my cd club. (Apparently music will make someone believe in god.) And the second was 'finding' the same book for disbelievers over and over again in various areas of an Indigo. It was BAD and OBVIOUS with the book thing. The cd thing I found out about later because it ended up on my bill...

She's not so hardcore now though. I don't know what made her tone it down though... I think she just got caught up with some hardcore East coast bible thumpers and it consumed her life to the point where everything she did in her life revolved around the church. It was a bit extreme and too cultish for me.

It was my friend's birthday yesterday and we celebrated it at a restaurant. There were 12 people, 6 I knew from school, the other 5 were from his Christian fellowship. Since having no religion , I was bombarded with questions asking me to join their club aka fellowship. They spent the entire night asking me if I wanted to "seek the Truth" or "Discover my Salvation" and if "The Truth is absolute or relative"....WTF? The entire 2 hrs of dinner was spent trying to convince me that nothing is better then Christians. I don't know what came over me within the last hour but I just ended up hitting the kid on my left in the ribs which shut them all up. The party ended 30 minutes later and none of the christian spoke to me after that until we all said bye to one another. My friend who had the party said he knew I would end up doing something from the start when they started the crap.

Do you have any friends that are Christians or what ever and bug you non-stop about joining their Fellowships? Or if you're a Christian, can you please explain whats the deal with this? Do you get heaven credits if you refer more people?

Personally I am not one to EVER bring this up.

·
Indianapolis Football
12,194 Posts
Nobody tries to convert me.. probably cause they don't want to get hit in the ribs

·
Cannonfruit!!!1!!1!11!
12,264 Posts
You should be thankful for those of us with universalist beliefs...all we want is for you to be a good person and we believe that you'll then join us in Heaven.

·
5,319 Posts
personally if somebody can explain to me, how somebody such as "god" or whatever you wanna call him, or her, or it or whatever gets to be in controll of everything, all knowing, and says who goes to heaven or hell, their virgins, or not become an insect in the next life... came to be, and was hired for that job i would maybe consiter it.... i would just hate to spend my entire life following rules, and not living it to the fullest, only to be disappointed when my life comes to an end and i dont have more time....
my parents made me go to church for years, and it only made me question it more because it was forced on me, i am not critisizing anybodys beliefs or trying to hurt feelings but i like to believe in things that are proven and documented (dont say the bible or book of mormon, quran (sp) or whatever documents it, because anybody could have written that 2000 years ago, and nobody knows who...) but whatever inspires you to succeed, look forward to the next day, and appreciate life... go for it

Scientists have proven there is an end to space.... if you get in a ship and travel away from earth, eventually you will come to the end... so i feel there has to be "'something" out there, and i also believe "religion" is the reason for every war and conflict in history.... and its playing a good part in why we are in iraqu, between the bloodshed of two religous groups that cant get along.... i thought peace and happiness was what its all about? i could go on, and on for pages but i will spare you all my banter...

jahovas whitnesses show up at my door weekly... i tell them if they can be a man, drink a beer and chat about it instead of harassing me at my door... sure, ill even make donations.... yet they deline every time for some reason

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
and i also believe "religion" is the reason for every war and conflict in history.... and its playing a good part in why we are in iraqu, between the bloodshed of two religous groups that cant get along.... i thought peace and happiness was what its all about? i could go on, and on for pages but i will spare you all my banter...
Not every, but many. The Korean War had nothing to do with religion, and the Nazis were imperialists feeding off the teutonic ideal and Jewish scapegoat. Although in the Middle East it's definitely about religion.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Yeah i have my faiths but im not one to go hit people over the head with it. im always willing to talk to people that seem to want to talk about it but i think it turns people off more when you sit there for 3 hours telling them they are worthless unless they join me..

i believe in the planting seeds method.

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
religion was made for everyone to have a reason to live, or have faith if you will. IMO......bullstuff!!!

G

·
Religion isnt the cause of any wars. Its people abusing its power and doing things in the name of religion. For this reason, I have come to forgive Christians and even Muslims.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.