Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the obvious, what is the difference between saltwater tanks and freshwater tanks. Are they a lot harder than fw or is it the money issue that deters many people?

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
nice..what type of eel are you planning on getting? i use to have a trigger tank had abunch of different kinds...i use to toss big feeders to them and they would go into a frenzies..it was cool

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I dont own one due to cost... they are relativly easy to maintain unless you get disease, its a different game, for the price difference i will just stik with FW fish cause i love them :smile:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
thePACK said:
nice..what type of eel are you planning on getting? i use to have a trigger tank had abunch of different kinds...i use to toss big feeders to them and they would go into a frenzies..it was cool
I tried to keep a trigger tank, but after my queen trigger was killed I decided to stop the nonsense before I killed any more expensive ass fish

·
Registered
338 Posts
i have 75 gallon saltwater tank and my mom has a 55 gallon saltwater tank i have a trigger,dwarf lionfish, and 2 snowflake moray eels and a hermit crab,

my moms tank has a yellow tang 2 sailfin tangs, coral beauty, moorish idol, and a grouper that will go in my tank when it gets bigger

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
i just started a 12 gal saltwater tank.... yes it does guzzle the money up, but it's so interesting.......... and the fish are so colorful............. im cycling it with a 4 striped damsel.......... i think saltwater fish have better personalities than any freshwater species.................... just my opinion

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
maverick said:
Both
but the main reason is price
same here, its not terribly difficult, bt everything is so expencive, lighting for a reef tank can cost over a hundred just for 1 bulb, and 100 for 1 fish is common

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.