Piranhas Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
here's my first fry tank setup...gonna take off the hang ons in the morning, before transferring. they have been up a few weeks, the hang ons and the sponge filters only today...added some biospira as well as debris dirt and such from one of my huge filters on my 75g breeder tank.

have water for change in morning set up already in a pal, overnight, will add it after a short vacuum tommorow.

was my juvi rhom tank, he's still hiding in the cave in pic, that will be gone as well, tommorow...prolly gonna section off part of one of my large tank for him, he doesn't need much room at 2.5" or so.

the 2nd shot is the aquaclear 20g hang on filter's intake valve. its wimpy, and from what you can see i wrapped it in a thin layer of some time of sponge or absorbant. ideas on whether i should def. tear the ac20 completely down? i just think it will help keep the water cleaner, being that it has a sponge, carbon, and ammonia inserts. or should i take it down for fear of it sucking in too many fry? i guess i could put it back when the get a little older, few weeks. not sure what to do, should i rely on water changes to keep it clean?

Attachments

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yeah, you need something bigger in diameter to spread out the force of the intake. Any little guys that get stuck on that thing will be goners.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
they started hatching, think i got most of them transferred! how long does it take, i see tails?

i'll just use the sponge filters for now, then.

when vacuuming and transferring them, i got some debris and some white eggs as well...do i just wait till they are free swimming, then vacuum that sh*t up? right now its mixed in with the hatching eggs any way to seperate it?

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
congratz

·
Registered
744 Posts
maybe they will eat the eggs, what do they do in the wild? i dont know

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
maybe they will eat the eggs, what do they do in the wild? i dont know
in the wild they protect them from preds (including other p's)
and they usually protcet them in the aquarium too

·
Registered
744 Posts
not the parents you goof, as for primetime- id check all of the info on the breeding forums

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
piranha caviar is good...
How would you know.

Prime, post up your regular weekly schedule of water change procedure and feeding schedule to help out all the other Breeder wannabe's!

*ooooo. post #999. :D

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
piranha caviar is good...
How would you know.

Prime, post up your regular weekly schedule of water change procedure and feeding schedule to help out all the other Breeder wannabe's!

*ooooo. post #999. :D
[/quote]

I've eaten piranha eggs before, being that they're such prolific breeders, I could spare a batch for a snack! lol

61 - 75 of 75 Posts