Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so excited, i might be (finally) allowed to get a dog, and i want a rottweiler. But why are they all docked? To be honest i think they look much better docked, but is that the only reason why they do it? seems pretty shitty to me.

Does losing a tail effect them in any way?

Although it does look better, dogs wag their tails, my half-sister has a docked boxer and it pisses me off that he can't wag his tail.

Anyway, post pics of rotts with tails if you have any.

· Registered
692 Posts
i like to the look to and how cute it is when they try wagging thier tail but at the same time i dont think its fair to the animals. same with when boxer breedign and a white one piops out they are killed you think the white ones would be worth l9ot more money but they aint.

· Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
17,210 Posts
i guess its the norm to do that and people think it looks better
and im pretty sure they have a hardier time sitting down with the stub
so they syat more active and become better gaurd dogs

thats what i heard not sure if its true

· Registered
713 Posts
Its just like a person having their son circumsized. Its all about looks and your personal preferance. Im sure it does hurt them but like i was told about circumsision its very quick and they are too young to remember.

· Registered
3,275 Posts
WolfFish said:
so its just for looks? Whether it hurts or not isn't the issue, but whether they ever need a tail. It must be there for a reason.
[snapback]842241[/snapback]​
I like rottweilers more without a docked tail. The reason that rottweilers have a large tail is for balance and stearing when they are running fast. (At least that is what I've heard :nod: )

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jan said:
I like rottweilers more without a docked tail. The reason that rottweilers have a large tail is for balance and stearing when they are running fast. (At least that is what I've heard :nod: )
[snapback]842270[/snapback]​
i thought that too, but then why do police dogs still have docked tails? Thats what doesn't make sense.

· Don't f*ck with the fairy.
4,547 Posts
you have to consider their origional purpose, pulling carts and home protection. ESPECIALLY since they are very popular in schutzhund trials.... a tail is a liability. the only thing i REALLY hate is cropped ears on pittbulls and breeds that don't really need them done (i.e. boxers, great danes, briards, etc.).

thank god my boston terriers are BORN with short tails and their ears stand on their own. phew.

· Hello Everybody!
1,647 Posts
Tinkerbelle said:
ESPECIALLY since they are very popular in schutzhund trials.... a tail is a liability.
[snapback]842472[/snapback]​
One of the top breeds for Schutzhund and French Ring is the Belgian malinois. Their tails are not docked. In fact, you can actually see them use their tail for balance and stability as they are turning corners at full speed.

(Proud owner of a malinois)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.