Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ever since I have switched over to wet dry filters my tanks DO NOT stink at all. You all know what it is like to walk into a lfs and be stunk right back out, alot of people have that problem, I dont anymore, I dont use any chemical, or carbon, only cell pore bio sheets, I believe it has something to do with there not being much ammonia

just a suggestion to those with the problem

·
Registered
18,153 Posts
Tanks can smell very pond-like, but I'm not sure wheter this has something to do with proper maintenance. I mean, warm water with fish and plants simply has a certain odor, no matter if you change water every two days or once per two weeks... I agree it will become worse with bad tank care.
I never had any trouble with smelly tanks, though.

·
joey'd is da man
11,920 Posts
I only find smell a problem on my really small tanks, like my goldfish and newt tanks which are about 4 gallons each.

·
Registered
447 Posts
i noticed my 55g stunk like crap right after i got it running. I added another penguin 330 filter(i have two now) and it smells fine. I think that it was just new tank smell. Because I just set up a 10 gallon tank to breed feeder guppies and it smells the same way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.