Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ever since I have switched over to wet dry filters my tanks DO NOT stink at all. You all know what it is like to walk into a lfs and be stunk right back out, alot of people have that problem, I dont anymore, I dont use any chemical, or carbon, only cell pore bio sheets, I believe it has something to do with there not being much ammonia

just a suggestion to those with the problem

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
lol ... tanks dont really smell unless not properly taken care of...of course tehy may have a tinge to it..but never anything outstanding

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Tanks can smell very pond-like, but I'm not sure wheter this has something to do with proper maintenance. I mean, warm water with fish and plants simply has a certain odor, no matter if you change water every two days or once per two weeks... I agree it will become worse with bad tank care.
I never had any trouble with smelly tanks, though.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
almost all tanks that arent on wetdrys I think have a smell to them, not strong, but what I am saying is you can stick your face just above the water and take a big wiff and not stink

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I only find smell a problem on my really small tanks, like my goldfish and newt tanks which are about 4 gallons each.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I have all my tanks in one room and if there was a smell, believe me I would hear about it from my gf. There is not smell at all and I dont use a wet/dry or carbon, but I do use a lot of filtration.

·
Registered
502 Posts
i noticed my 55g stunk like crap right after i got it running. I added another penguin 330 filter(i have two now) and it smells fine. I think that it was just new tank smell. Because I just set up a 10 gallon tank to breed feeder guppies and it smells the same way.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I tank smells like a fish tank. My 75 smells a little if you stick your head close to the water. The 220g I have doesn't have a scent at all, probably because theres only 1 fish right now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts