Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of my piranha always scrape their lips up on a regular basis. I believe they do it when they panic if I have a dildo guest over who thinks they have to stick their faces up against the glass. Really upsets me because it looks bad, and I have to use melafix all the time which clouds the water. Anyone else have this trouble, it drives me insane!

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
scrape their lips, what do you mean? by flicking and rubbing?
is there any marks?
what are the water conditions?
pics?
I think that for an answer you will need to provide more info, but this does not sound normal, but as for the melafix, if this is to fix a wound/mark on the lips you could just add salt, 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons, but beware if you already have salt in your tank to take that into account when adding the salt.

and dildo guests - their are websites dedicated to that kind of thing

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's very normal, many p's when startled will smash into the glass, or scrape their lips on the gravel, resulting in blister looking bumps, or scraped up mouths. I started this thread to find out if it upsets other people as it does me.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I have to be honest, I have never seen what you are describing, but if it is normal, you shouldn't need to add mela-fix.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you even know what melafix is? I think you may be one of those dildo guests I was speaking of earlier.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
yes I know what melafix is, and not trying to be rude, but I really don't think you know what your talking about, I have read some of your other "serious" posts and they are all really stupid and lacking knowledge and experiance.
I was trying to help you, but I am guessing that the kind of help you need, I cannot provide.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you knew anything about keeping piranha, you would understand what I'm talking about. I know that I'm new to the board, but I've kept piranha for around three years now, and would like to request that you do not respond to my threads if you do not know what your talking about. The only help that I need is from someone who has kept piranha, and understands that wild caught piranha startle easily, and have a tendency to bang their lips up. Have you ever kept p's man?, maybe you have pacu.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
What the f*ck's wrong with you, dude?!?
First, you start off with some dipshiz question that hardly makes sense (and for the record: not the first time), and then you you start badmouthing people that try to help you out....

If you feel to good to take advise from other people that do keep p's (perhaps not those fancy-ass, expensive ones like you have, but piranha's nonetheless), why did you ever sign up to this board. I guess you don't grasp the whole concept of a discussion board, huh......

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
sdk77 said:
If you knew anything about keeping piranha, you would understand what I'm talking about. I know that I'm new to the board, but I've kept piranha for around three years now, and would like to request that you do not respond to my threads if you do not know what your talking about. The only help that I need is from someone who has kept piranha, and understands that wild caught piranha startle easily, and have a tendency to bang their lips up. Have you ever kept p's man?, maybe you have pacu.
You need to chill out sk, Innes was trying to help you out with a question that I dont understand either. My p's have never scraped their lips; their chins yes but not their lips. And if that is what you are talking about you dont need to add anything, this is what they do when spooked or in too small of a tank.
You are proving yourself to be a complete dumbass with moronic comments and questions.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any intelligent responses? I am speaking of their lip/chin area. You guys shooting your mouths off need to get laid or something.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes,

I have 1 rbp right now with a couple of tears in his lower lip and I do think it happens when they startle and run into something. Other than making sure it doesn't get infected I'm not sure there is anything to do about it though. I'm just hoping it heals on its own. I actually get much more worried about chin bumps because in my experience those never really go away and they're ugly to look at. Sorry I couldn't be more help with what to do.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the response Bola, chin bumps are certainly not pretty. I only add the melafix if the wound looks like it may become infected.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Retard. Why do you bother asking questions? All you do is trash talk people when they try to help you. You're exactly the kind of person that gives the hobby a bad name: rude and ignorant. Sheesh.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyone that begins a thread with the word retard is most likely being self descriptive. What kind of loser responds to a thread in order to trash talk? Get a life man.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
sdk77
I personally have not had any lip scraping incidents but I have had the chin bumps on my Ps. Infact, my spilo. cf has a permanent one on his chin from chasing his goshdarn reflection in the glass and attacking it, pretty dumb fish. Like you said though only add melafix if it looks like infection may be coming in. Ps freaking out and smaking into stuff is very normal and you shouldn't be worried about it. I think that piranhas with scars and stuff look badass... they aren't beauty queens, they're freakin piranha!

Joe

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good point, scars do give p's personality, hopefully my p's will at least keep their eyes intact. I have a friend who has a caribe who is missing an eye due to a fight with a piraya.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
SDK - The original intention of this thread was good yet your responses to an obviously concerned and helpful Innes posted showed your true intentions. Upon observing your posts on this board your main aim here is to not get advice from the experienced piranha keepers on this board yet incite flame wars and talk trash. This is completely unacceptable. My advice to you is to please straighten up or get out. This is your first and second warning

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one "Mr Mayor". Innes was rude and ignorant, as are you for "warning me". I am the experienced piranha keeper that this board obviously needs. Unfortunatly I will not be posting again, as you obviously have shown yourself to be lacking in taste. I'm not holding a grudge, nor is BIG TERN, who welcomes all of your fish into his tank.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts