• buy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no buy

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I have graduated again but this time I had more fun and bonded with the people as I went. last time i thought the people were assholes but this time I had fun. now that everything is done many of these cool people i have befriended are buying the class/college ring thing. i did not get one last time, do i get one this time. i have no rings, but they of course look cool. money is not that bad. so does any one have any insight on this matter. to buy nor not to buy?

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
I didn't get a ring, honestly I'd spend that $200+ somewhere else. What are you gonna do, wear that ring everyday for the rest of your life and talk about the game if coach would have put you in during 4th quarter you would have won and that you could throw a football over those mountains. I would just save the money, I look back (just graduated in 2004) and remember all the good times I had in school, no need to get a crappy ring to remind me.

Random story, but a few weeks back at a wedding a friend of mine ran into and talked with Craig Kenzel. He was the QB for Ohio State in 2002 when they won the National Championship. They got to talking and all that sh*t, and he saw that Craig wasn't wearing the NC ring. My friend asked "Why aren't you wearing the ring?" and he puts his hand up showing his wedding ring and says "This is the one that matters."

Made me just think, if a National Championship ring isn't that important chances are neither is a class ring.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Random story, but a few weeks back at a wedding a friend of mine ran into and talked with Craig Kenzel. He was the QB for Ohio State in 2002 when they won the National Championship. They got to talking and all that sh*t, and he saw that Craig wasn't wearing the NC ring. My friend asked "Why aren't you wearing the ring?" and he puts his hand up showing his wedding ring and says "This is the one that matters."

Made me just think, if a National Championship ring isn't that important chances are neither is a class ring.
Maybe Craig is just whipped?

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
Yeah unless going to colege is the crowning acheivement of your life I would say pass. I think you can always go back and get one later if it really bugs you. I got a HS ring. lost it. could care less about getting it replaced.
My wedding ring is a much more important thing to me to wear anyways.

I could understand if you were on the FB team and won a championship or something.

·
06 C6 LS2
7,996 Posts
never got one for HS or college, nor did I care too..

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
what do you guys think about buying a college NC ring or superbowl ring off of ebay and wearing that daily?
Seems pathetic if the ring was not actually earned. Would be the same as having a bowl or NC ring made. Unless you put up a total front to peopel that don't know you and are big enough to pass for a ball player people would think your a poser.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
i was kinda in a different boat...

engineering students in canada, when they graduate, get an 'iron ring'. You basically have to take an oath to keep the public safe in the work you do. You go to a ceremony, say an oath, all kinda weird and stonecutterish--especially as up until about 10 years ago. Before that, you were not allowed in the ceremony unless you had a ring, or were getting one.

I earned this ring by getting an engineering degree, and it kind bonds all engineers here. I enjoy the thought of it. Its also very plain and unassuming, i couldnt wear one of those big honkin grad rings.

To me the ring means more than my actual parchment with my name on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts