Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you keep track of how many feeders your red P's eat in a time period? I usually put 8 large feeders in there at a time and their are gone within 24 hours. My 2 red P's are about 8 inches long. Just checking.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Usually, I give my Ps enough food they can consume within 5 min. I take out feeder that they kill, but dont eat, are taken out within 15 min. Leaving half eatten, dead feeders would just raise your ammonia up and wouldn't be good for your Ps to eat.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They really don't leave anything behind. If one eats the body and the head falls to the gravel, the other P usually picks it up and eats it. They sort of work like a team. Going to feed them today. They are HUNGRY!!!

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
My 4 little Caribas killed 21 plattys in 1 night only...just for the records!

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
Mr. Hannibal said:
My 4 little Caribas killed 21 plattys in 1 night only...just for the records!
sorry to jump off track..is it possible can you take pics of your tank..i like to cheack out your caribas..thanks in advance

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
mine usually eat 7 in a night but thats all i add and they a unfrozen whitebait .feeder are a treat and i usually add 3 at a time
dixon

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I'll buy my reds 4-8 feeders (depends on who's helping me at the lfs: some employees sell them nearly for free, others don't) once a week, and they usually last about 1-2 hours, but sometimes it takes the whole night to chase them down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.