Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a tiny 30 gallon with 3 species of Ps. theyre doing good so far, they ate one of the smaller reds, but that was only when i introduced them. there are 2 natts (1"), 2 gold spilos (3-4"), and 1 spilo cf (4.5") with some breeding guppies. the spilos are the oldest inhabitants about 7 months, the reds i got about a month ago, and the CF is about a week in the tank. would u guys think i need to seperate them in the near future?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
YOU NEED TO SEPARATE THEM NOWWWWWW...this is for your own good and the fish...i'm sure the gold gonna turn on other fish very soon...trust me...

Leave the gold in that 30gl...hez gonna be fine in there for a life...about your reds and spilo cf...if you gonna put them together...therez a good chance the spilo cf will eat them because they are too small...if you want your spilo cf to shoal w/ reds...buy more reds that are bigger...

How long have they been living together in that tank????

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the CF is new, the others a couple months

there making a new pecking order, the CF on top. there are lots of guppies in there to pick on, they rarely chase each other. im beginning to feed with fruit and nuts, which seems to make them a bit less aggressive towards each other.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Pygos do grow fast...all of them will out grown that tank......but you still need to remove the gold...seriously...if you don't want your reds end up missing...u must remove that gold.....but then again...itz your fish...

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Yes get that gold outta there now. You won't be able to keep the 2 golds together so sell one or get a bigger tank or get two different tanks. Or you can leave the gold in there and get a bigger tank for the Reds and Cf.

You need this:
1)Gold Spilo (30 gallon)
1)Gold Spilo (30 gallon)
2)Natts+1)Spilo CF (60-70 gallon)

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
EVENTUALLY YOUR GOING TO HAVE ONE FAT P...remove before they kill each other

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
thePACK said:

Your tank, in the long run, will prove to inadequate for your fish. A 30 will be enough tank space (Barely) for just a single gold spilo or spilocf.

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
thePACK said:

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
As been said...separate them now...!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have grown 4 spilos in that tank since they were dime size, sure they fin nip once in a while, but theyre not killer Ps like some people think. the spilos ate one of the reds, but that was a month ago, the 2 reds are fine, no fin nips. im trying to get a larger tank, but still on the look out.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Well after all thats stated, you can still keep them together in your 30 gal.. but if you ever come up with one less fish, dont ever say we didnt warn you. No matter how they've grown together, or adaptable they may seem for the time being.. your playing with death on one of your Ps when mixing with these 2 kinds together. Alot have tried.. and after a couple days, weeks months of comfortness.. a surprised death occurs.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i think the move from 30 gallons to 60 gallons with more plants has definitely helped a bit. now my 30 awaits the manueli

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
20 gallon is too small for any piranha for life, but if its small, it could house it for a few years i guess

1 - 20 of 20 Posts