Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought about getting some guppies just so my Spilo cant chase them around. Im gonna be getting some Tiger barbs just to add some more action to the tank. Then I thought about one of those bucktooth tetras. You think one of those guys would be too fast fro my spilo? So fast that the bucktooth might take down the Spilo??? I dont want that.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Well depends how big and how many Exodons your thinking of getting. The worse thing a single Exodon can do is attacking your spilo for its scales.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
RhomZilla said:
Well depends how big and how many Exodons your thinking of getting. The worse thing a single Exodon can do is attacking your spilo for its scales.
they will? doh!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RhomZilla said:
isnt that bad enough???? I was just wondering. I might just stick to the tiger barbs cuz I dont want my Spilo to get hurt I just want himt o get some exercise and show some aggression.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
well, my little spilo is mean as hell. I dont think a exodon would last if he were the aggressor (or even if he werent). He might get in a shot or 2 but I think he would pay with his face if he tried for a third time.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
grosse gurke said:
well, my little spilo is mean as hell. I dont think a exodon would last if he were the aggressor (or even if he werent). He might get in a shot or 2 but I think he would pay with his face if he tried for a third time.
True, I'd put my money on the Spilo no doubt. But the best way to keep these guys compatible is to keep the Spilo well fed with goldfish. As he devours the goldfish, you'll see the Exodon swoop by picking up the flakes at the same time.

·
Sex Kitten Lover
358 Posts
My spilo is about 1.5 inches now as well, I tried tiger barbs, threw 5 of them in there, they didn't last long.

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
convicts are good. i had a 4-5" spilo and my dither was a 2.5" male con. the con would try to fight him but knowing he would lose so he would do some hit and run but the hit and run doenst hurt the spilo though. the spilo chased and chased the cons for about 2 weeks or more and finally the spilo caught him and beheaded the con. so cons are good dithers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts