Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm always seeing that everyone says to keep dither fish in with their p's.Does that mean other fish that they can live with...and which ones would be the best?

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
YOur gonna have alot of arguments here and different opinions here... as with all/any fish, nothing is guaranteed.

I choose Exodons. Best fish to join with Ps when having a carnage on feeders, plus they can shoal togther as well.

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
i choose convicts but exos are good to

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Anything you place in a pirana tank will eventually become lunch. Cold hard fact regardless of the number of days, months, years. Piranas are unpredicable if something is not to their liking, it is eaten. As Grosse Gurke mentioned Plecos have a better success rate, however it is not unusual to find them eaten from the belly region leaving a very nice external shell remaining. As for cichlids, they are a natural diet of piranas as are any other silvery characins in particular Exodons.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Plecos i should say!

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i have had 3 different sets of reds and only 2 of them would let anything live with them and that is the pleco i have now some people have either good luck or wussy p's hahaha only kidding jonas
dixon

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Xenon said:
I am gonna try and put some exodens in my next tank!
Do it!!! You'll be amazed how these guys would swim so close to a P while they're having their feeding carnage. Plus you'll like how they shoal and "hit and run" other fish for scales..

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
Xenon said:
i tried do it..and next morning they were all gone
..i even feed me reds and cariba before hand..

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
RhomZilla said:
I choose Exodons. Best fish to join with Ps when having a carnage on feeders, plus they can shoal togther as well.
I agree with you on this one.

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
thePACK said:
Xenon said:
i tried do it..and next morning they were all gone
..i even feed me reds and cariba before hand..
There's tactics and conditions to making this work even a little bit. Can't just toss them in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.