Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had a Piranha just disappear into thin air, and then return again? One of my friends was watching my piranhas, I had one old one, and just got two brand new ones, well they were all getting along just grandly, and all of a sudden there were only two in there, like in a split second. There's no trace of any piranha corpse anywhere, no anything, just now there's two in there, and before there were three. I looked ALL over the tank, and messed with some stuff so as to maybe scare him out of some ridiculous hiding place, but he just can't be found! has this ever happened to anyone??

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Look into the other Ps stomach!

·
Registered
59 Posts
If the other piranhas never ate him check in the filter if you have small ones. Ive had fish jump into the power filter before.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only problem with that is that we're talking about a 3" piranha, and the other two are like 3" and 3.5" not exactly a bite sized meal for either or even both of them! Also, they just ate, it doesn't make sense to me

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Do you have a good canopy? I once rediscovered a baby redbelly behind my tank, completely dried up and all. I must admit that I used a pretty flimsy cover back then, but he was powerful enough to get out of the tank onto dry land... And I never heard a thing.
Maybe the same fate is awaiting for your piranha....

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
i just bought a piranha for my RA and i went to get it out of my 10 gal and to give it to him and it took me 5 min to find him.................... i even moved everything around................... hes about teh size of a quarter

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Honest to God, I came back in my room, and there he was again, after disappearing for like 5 hours! I don't get it, but I hope that he stays put this time

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
LOL The case of the disappearing Piranha. I 've had that happen to me before, it was with cichlids though. All were accounted for ecept for 1. Cheked under rocks, plants, driftwood, behind tank, behind floor of the tank.. but no where to be found!! Happened again another day and found him either chillin behind the powerhead tube or under the waterfall from the external.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've had that happen with clown fish before. I had an ornament that looked like the stump of a tree that you put a plant through. One by one the clown fish kept dissappearing and eventually all were missing. A few weeks later (literally), after no sign of the clowns, I was moving decor around and took that ornament out of the tank and put it on a towel on the floor. When i'd finished my biz, I went to put the ornament away and when I picked it up, my three clown loaches were lying on the towel under the ornament. I swear, I was on the edge of sanity.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
It´s a kind of magic!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah i can never find my pleco. My P's ate the smallest in the shoal. the poor bastard tried to commit suicide the night before jumping out onto the ground. the next day he was missing half of his body.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
HAHA I had two pleco jump out of the same tank at different times. My water and everything was good, I guess they were just being picked on and jumped out. I found both laying next to each other when I sold that tank.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts