Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed that of my 3 baby rbp's, 2 are growing at a faster rate then the remaining one.

is this due to the sex of the fish, or just who gets the lions share of the food??

also, should i be concerned about this??

thanks

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
all fish grow differently..doesn't mean sex wise...just keep on eye on the small one..cause if there hungry they usually take out the smaller weaker one....

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
It's caused by differences in temperament, as well as by the pecking order they probably have developed. It's not unusual that some fish in the shoal grow faster than others, but I advise you to keep a close eye on your little guys.

What could help you out is feeding them small bits of food, tossed in one by one: the more agressive and dominant ones will have their share first, and once they're satisfied, continue feeding, so the outcasts get some food as well.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Judazzz said:
What could help you out is feeding them small bits of food, tossed in one by one: the more agressive and dominant ones will have their share first, and once they're satisfied, continue feeding, so the outcasts get some food as well.
Good method!!!

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
judazzz is correct and that way of feeding them does work to allow all to have some .it also cuts out waste and excess food staying in your tank too long and having to pick loads out this way its just 1 or 2 bits
dixon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.