Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a 15 gallon water change on my 55 gallon tank to get the ammonia down and it doesnt seem to be helping 24 hrs. later, it dropped just a LITTLE......I dont know what else to do with it to get it down, would you suggest doing another change and maybe washing out the filter??(AC500) I dont want to mess up my guys(and girls) o any help is appreciated!!

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
are you doing weekly! water changes :rock: make sure you do not leave un eaten food sit at the bottom. good luck i hope you solve it

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
watch your feedings and do weekly water changes..this should help with your ammonia problem..

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
how are the fish acting? i would clean out the filter get rid of gunk in it..and wait a couple of days and do another water change..

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Honda99_300ex said:
I cleaned out the filter and sh*t, and i hope it helps, the others are acting fine
oh no, you should have left it, thats where all the bacteria is that breaks down the ammonia.

what are your ph, nitrite and nitrate levels?

in he meantime do a larger water change to delute the amminia intell it gets into safer levels intell the biological filtration can do its job

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Honda99_300ex said:
I washed the filter in cycled water in a bucket from the tank,tonight i added some ammolock2
oh, thats cool then.

what are you runnning for filters? maybe they can't handel the bioload.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts