Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been debating for awhile on which to get to add to my current shoal of 8 reds and 1 piraya. They all get along great and i really want to keep it that way. I love how ternetzi's look, and also ive heard they shoal great, but then again if by adding a caribe the total shoal will be more aggressive thats also a plus. Hell maybe ill just get both...

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
how big of tank do you have?maybe you can add two.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nah id be pushing it i only got a 125. (planning on getting rid of some of the reds overtime) once they get larger in size. Also i enjoy an overstocked tank, used to have 8 of the reds in a 55, and they were fine.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
personally i like ternitzi you add a different color to the the tank,caribes look like reds too much

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya i agree something about em when they get larger and they are almost all grey they look badass.

·
Registered
431 Posts
WHy get a ternetzi, its basically a better colored red, why not get a caribe which are known to be more aggressive. You will be at least guaranteed something on aggressiveness

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I love caribes, maybe I'm biased but they are great fish. Or you can get rid of a few reds and get both a ternetzi and caribe. The would be nice.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I'd get the ternetzi, but really both would be better.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I would get the caribe, cause a ternetzi is really just another red. I would like to have a variety (species) of fish in my tank over a variety of color.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I dont think Ternetzi act very much like reds, I think they act more like Cariba do without the territorial problem. You can get 3 Cariba for what you can get one Ternetzi though

·
Registered
496 Posts
I agree.. I dont think you'll get a ternetzi that will cause havok in your tank by killing your other fish but I do think a cariba could do that.

·
Registered
83 Posts
PIRANHA KING said:
get both. TERNETZI ARE NOT THE SAME AS REDS. i have never seen a 15"+ red. however i have seen a ternetzi that big. he was very thick and looked like a bulldog. i dont care what everyone says ternetzis are different than reds.
wes
Different how? Curious about this 15" tern, I hear talk about these monsters but nobody bothers to show us them. ???

Tough call on the fish though, both look and act fantastic in the tank. Yellow might be a nice color change though the humeral spot is equally nice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would defintely go with the ternetzi. It would add more color to your tank. Not to mention it probably get along better with your reds than the caribe.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts