Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Piranha died!!!!

My 2-inch red-belly seemed really shy and would spend most of his time hiding in a tree. He wouldn't ever really come out unless he was threatened, then he would just run to another plant. We didn't really see him eat, so we just figured he scavenged left over blood worms at night when the house was dark and quiet or when no one ws around. Today he actually did come out to eat. He gobbled up his piece of beef heart in one huge bite, the size of a small piece of gravel. About 2 mins after he started to swim oddly. As we watched him he started to float upwards and upside down. He would kick alittle, then just lay there. So we we took him out right away as to not make any of our other fish sick and put him out of his misery.

Does anyone think they know what went wrong?? Should we worry about our other P's??

Thank you,

**R.I.P Zimmer Man**

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
dieing fish do not usually eat.
are you sure it was about to die?, it might have had a problem with its swim bladder, or perhaps it was practicing for the circus - after all it did live in a tree!
I would check the water and look at all the other fish for illness or odd behaviour - and I wouldn't be so quick to kill ill fish.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,146 Posts
of course.duh. good read smtt.thought about it too .

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Just think of Thanksgiving...do you really feel like swimming much less moving around afterwards?! Nevertheless, sorry to hear about Zimmer Man!

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
we all agree - You sir, are a fish-murderer!

G

·
i don't know about him being overfed.... because i overfeed mines all the time and nothing happens i think his ass choked to death... and sorry about your loss cuz.......

·
Registered
698 Posts
"He over ate and you killed a perfectly fine fish. Always wait it out."

I gotta second that. P's when little like that are pigs and they eat so much they can't swim. Sorry, but you probably nuked a healthy fish.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts