Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
cant really see..need a better pic.
im sorry its very hard to get a good one, he keeps swimming around. Its just a black dot on the joint. its round black kind of like a tumor. its dark black and round thats all i can say to describe it. Ill go take another quick pic.

there is a big one on his side and a tiny one on the bottom fin you have kinda see the bottom one

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hhhhmmmmk never seen enything like it man and cant find eny info hope someone else can help you good luck man
I hope so too but it doesnt look good thanks for taking a look. He is acting normal eating fine...idk im thinking if i should hold him and cut it off idk. for now im going to let him be and hope someone here can help me out. thanks again

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
yeah dont cut it off! could make it alot worse infect it and all that other stuff. Just leave it if hes eating and acting fine. im sure hill be fine
keep us posted dude

·
Caribe > Any Other Piranha
6,351 Posts
that black thing on his fin, MIGHT be a parasite. IF it is a parasite, the way i removed one form my PAYARA (not a piranha), was to take it in a bucket holding it with a net, and then taking the parasite off with tweezers.

Do a salt dosage after u do this, because that open would can introduce alot of things onto or in the fish.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that black thing on his fin, MIGHT be a parasite. IF it is a parasite, the way i removed one form my PAYARA (not a piranha), was to take it in a bucket holding it with a net, and then taking the parasite off with tweezers.

Do a salt dosage after u do this, because that open would can introduce alot of things onto or in the fish.
i was thinking about removing it by hand some one up ^ there said its a bad idea. he is still acting perfectly normal. is that how a parasite works?

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
is the black mark a deformation or simply just a discoloration? try to ascertain wether its something thats loose or stuck there.
Because ive seen similar black formations form on some species of tetras, and after all, a piranha is essentially just a bigass tetra

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
is the black mark a deformation or simply just a discoloration? try to ascertain wether its something thats loose or stuck there.
Because ive seen similar black formations form on some species of tetras, and after all, a piranha is essentially just a bigass tetra :laugh:
deformation its a lump sticking out of his joint. the pet people at the shark aquarium in hillside nj told me i can just bring him back and get a new one. it makes me sad that no one really knows what this is, i am attached to all my fish but i dont want to risk the other fishes life.

·
6,351 Posts
that looks like a parasite to me for sure man,...get some MACRO shots if u have a macro lense or macro function on ur camera.

I know this will stress ur fish out just a tad bit but get a net and try to get the fish in the net, dont get him out of the water but bring the net to the side of the glass and slowly put ur other hand on the slacking net and pull it just a tad tight so u can take a close inspection of this "black" thing

take a picture while ur doing this too...here is what im talkn about.

see? so u can examin it closer.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
yes i told you not to cut it off :laugh: but just couse you and i did nto know what it waz. now you do Cut that thing off lol or take him back both good ideas good luck man

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes i told you not to cut it off :laugh: but just couse you and i did nto know what it waz. now you do Cut that thing off lol or take him back both good ideas good luck man
took him back...got another sick fish, i got some bad luck. He didnt take the ride home well was on his side. now he is alone in a 10 gal swimming well got color back. but he has white dots around his eye does that mean he has ich? or could it be something else. I had work from 6am till 1pm (im a EMT) ill get pics soon.

·
6,351 Posts
completly stake out a specific fish in the LFS tank that looks like its in good condition before bringing it home, if most of his fish dont look to well, its better to wait it out then infect ur whole tank with some unknown parasite that ur talking about (around his eye)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.