Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hit up Mount Grotto again today...the weather was supposed to stay clear but as usual, it dissapointed me again! Regardless it was a fun day of scrambling. On Attempt 1 I made it about 3/5ths of the way up. This time was 4/5ths.

Heres me:

Sky Glasses Mountain Cloud Goggles

And here's Ian, a Scottish guy I met on the way up:

Snow Slope Tree Outdoor recreation Plant

The famous "Three Sisters"

Cloud Sky Mountain Natural landscape Snow

Canmore...where I live:

Cloud Mountain Sky Snow Nature

Bright sun:

Cloud Sky Mountain Ecoregion Natural landscape

Cloud Sky Mountain Natural landscape Atmospheric phenomenon

Us decending...beaten by fatigue, weather and a deep layer of snow.

Mountain Snow Plant Slope Tree

Attachments

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Gorgeous! Reminds me of Gary Indiana, or Colorado, I forgot wich. Careful on those slopes, you'll poke an eye out!

·
Registered
8,930 Posts
dude, you live in canmore? well at least you arent too far from calgary.lol

great pics man.

there's the three sisters, but i think there's also a "7 sisters"...or something like that...but 3-4 of the "sisters" arent so veluptuous...lol

better luck next time man. if you think about it, 3rd times a charm...and you made it roughly 4/5ths of the way up this time, so the third time SHOULD be 5/5ths...lol

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
canmore is like the perfect looking place to me. Nestled right in teh mountains. When i drove by, i told myself i would love to live there someday.

What are you doing out there danny?

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
shure got some photoskills there man..

now you just need to man up and get up that mountain...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im doing construction and hotel work until I find something more permanent.

Thanks for the replies!

I slept from 9pm to 9am...haha was so tired after that!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I gotta ask R1dermon...if trying to climb a mountain many km's away from a road with little food and freezing cold temperatures is gay, what do you call yourself when you drink all those fruity drinks and uppercut rappers?

Just love baby!

Off to do my laundry

·
5,336 Posts
the problem: too many trees to hug.... not enough hippies in your group... bring the whole "gathering" next time danny (drums, insence and all) that way you wont have to stop and hug every tree you pass, and maybe, just maybe you could make it to the top... sweet pictures tho...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
when i drove past canmore i said...

"damn...its cold here..."
i'm from winnipeg, it can't be anywhere near as bad as it gets here.
[/quote]

Close call...when I was in Winnipeg it was like -27 and it stung your skin just to be outside...here it was -20 and wasnt as bad but when the wind picks up its death.

BTW, when I arrived in Calgary it was -40...coldest in 100 years or something

·
Registered
8,930 Posts
I gotta ask R1dermon...if trying to climb a mountain many km's away from a road with little food and freezing cold temperatures is gay, what do you call yourself when you drink all those fruity drinks and uppercut rappers?

Just love baby!

Off to do my laundry
A++ retort there danny.

if climbing mountains is "gay" i wonder just how gay drinking girlie drinks is?

scrubbs- im from vancouver, so anything in the minus is f*cking cold.lol. when i lived in calgary i woke up to -42 to -45 for about 2 weeks straight. i couldnt understand why it was so cold. walking to my apartment from my car one night i swear my nuts almost froze to my leg.

·
Registered
8,930 Posts
i sure as hell havent climbed mount grotto, but ive climbed other mountains in or near the BC interior. i spent 5 days climbing one a few years ago with some friends. not rock climbing, but hiking and camping and such.

i dont know why you insist on being such a dumb c*nt, but i wasnt poking fun at danny at all. i was poking fun at the guy who called climbing a mountain "gay". as its far from that. its something you can do which you can fully relax and enjoy being outdoors and miles away from any idiots.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts