Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, another P got his head stuck in the powerhead and then his body eaten up by his fellow Ps. Whats funny is that they're bigger now and shouldn't have problems swimming against the suction, but I guess not! This is like the 4th P that must have gotten sucked in to the powerhead.

What do you guys do to prevent this? Make a filter/net on the intake?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Don't a lot of people cut a piece of foam or sponge to go around the intake to prevent sand from getting in? I think it would serve your purpose too...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
You've lost 4 p's to a powerhead? I would have fixed this a long time ago. They must be about an inch or something. I just can't picture a P getting sucked into one. Maybe try the sponge idea or get a smaller one if the intake is to large on the one you have.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Go to your LFS and get an intake from Eheim canister fillter, and with aquarium silicon glue it to the powerhead,

Very cheap and no more problems!

Paul.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Wouldn't they still just stick to the eheim filter intake? It doesn't really lessen the suction if they are close to the tube

·
"Bruce Lee" the Legend
5,194 Posts
Atlanta Braves Baby! said:
Damn you lost 4 Ps and are barely trying to find an answer! Turn the sh*t off.
[snapback]890391[/snapback]​
Sorry man, that was too funny.
I do agree turn it off.

·
Breaki'n all day...
4,507 Posts
i had the same problem when my p's were just babies.
i grabbed one of those plastic wine drinking cups and took the base part off then i put a little hole in the bottom. then i slid id under my power head. the suction was the same but it lowered the chance of them getting caught in there by alot.

now they are way to big to get stuck in it

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
put a sponge on the intake

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
what kind of powerhead do u have? what size tank is it rated for. u probably have a power head that is tooo powerful for your tank. i understand if it happens once maybe twice but four times come on man u should have done something about this already. for right now i would turn the thing off

1 - 17 of 17 Posts