Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
damn it.. woke up today in the morning to find out that my p's had some beef with each other last night..i recently transfer them to a 100g tank..well to get the point two of them are with no tail now ..down to the nub..will there tail grow back???i have them separated in a 30 long now.thnkas for all help

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Pending on how much was eaten off. I had a caribe with the whole tail eaten off and then some. It never grew back. He was twirlin around and he ended up dieing.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
I agree with Kevin, and I think you just have to have patience.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
yep add salt and keep an eye on it ,every now and them my larger reds kicked of with each other and fins do grow back as long as it has not gone passed the fin area ,contant fin nipping does lead to fins not growing back fully on of my old reds i had a few years ago had a much smaller tail fin than the other as he used to pick fights with the largest red and had lots of tail bites resulting in lack of growth at the 2 tips
dixon

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yea man I don't think his tail will grow back. If it was just the fin part then I would say no problem. But if the whole thing was ripped off and it is keeping him from swiming or living a normal life than I would seriuosly consider euthanizing him. Poor thing would even be able to catch it's own food.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
My understanding is that fins grow back unless bitten into the meat. Even if the tail is totaly gone, if it is not taking into the meat, meaning past where the fin is attached to the body, it should grow back.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RHOMKILLA said:
Yea man I don't think his tail will grow back. If it was just the fin part then I would say no problem. But if the whole thing was ripped off and it is keeping him from swiming or living a normal life than I would seriuosly consider euthanizing him. Poor thing would even be able to catch it's own food.
you be surprized little bastard is mean as hell.he took the other injuried p out today in the morning..ah well..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts