Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I got home last night and found half of one of my 6" rb's sitting at the bottom of the tank. What the hell?! I fed the fish the day before and now they are eating their buddies? Why? He was kinda sick, he had finrot but I caught it quick and treated the tank and he was almost completely healed. Will the pick off the weak ones of the group? What were they thinking??

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
yes they will pick off the weaker of the group. unfortunately that is what piranhas do. they predate on those who are sickly and weak, it's a trigger for them. it is good to have an extra tank for a hospital tank to help heal injured or sick Ps so that the others do not make it lunch. sorry for your loss.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
In the P world, its all about survival of the fittest. No doubt that the weaker one was targeted.

·
"Bruce Lee" the Legend
5,194 Posts
Sorry for the loss man. It sucks to lose a fish, but it's part of the game when it comes to owning P's. They are so unpredictible.

·
The Man, The Myth, The Legend
1,279 Posts
It really does come down to survival of the fitest... sorry for the loss

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Sorry for the loss. I guess that is why so many baby natt's are eaten while they are fry and all that remain are healthy young rbs. Looks like you experienced some delayed Darwinism.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Thats not good. I would be gutted if I came home and found 1 half eaten. So far I have not lost 1 since I have started with P's. I must be lucky !

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
sucks
been there, check sig for pic

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I am gonna try to replace him, hopefully the other fish dont get all territorial on him and eat him too!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
OUCH!!!! Sorry man.. but put it this way, you have room to get another P to replace the recently expired one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts