Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
you know i see other people pics of their reds and at 5" in they seem to be alot larger than mine...my reds are 5" in in length and they still have no real mass to them i was wondering why that is exactly does anyone know? what do you think of them?

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Your reds look like they are doing perfectly fine to me. IMO a lot of peoples reds are a little on the fat side from not getting enough exercise and probably being fed a little too much. I would much rather have a fish a little on the lean side rather than overweight.

·
Registered
8,417 Posts
how old are they?
tank size?
what do you feed them?
temperature?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Your reds look like they are doing perfectly fine to me. IMO a lot of peoples reds are a little on the fat side from not getting enough exercise and probably being fed a little too much. I would much rather have a fish a little on the lean side rather than overweight.
x2

·
Registered
415 Posts
well thank you i thought they were a little small or stunted looking but ok ill take your opinions to heart thank you guys!!! Oh and i feed they squid, smelt and sole any white meat fish in general...they are about 6 to 71/2 months old the temp is always between 79 and 82 degrees or in celcius its like 26 to 28! i try to alternate temps so they get a range of weather change so for the next few months im going to try for 25 drgrees because of the winter season! Thanx again everyone!
oh and they are in a 130 gallon 72 Lx20 Wx18.5 H

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I think your Reds look great. Keep up the good work.

Hater

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
no man, if they are that size at 7 months, you are doing a great job, keep it up. I have a buddy who has had 3"-4" of growth in the past 3 months. Came in on sept. 12 at 1/2", and are now 3-4"+. Filtration, food, and water changes are the key.

·
Registered
415 Posts
and i know i guess being lean is better than fat huh? lol
once again ty all for your support i just think that i might not be doing enough for them im just a little nervous these are my firt original p's and as a matter of fact my first fish in general! I got them when they were the size of a nickle! im proud of them ill keep posting pics for you guys when they get bigger or when i catch them eating i might post a video or something Thanx again guy!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh and if you look at Tango' eye in the first pic he is actually blind in that eye when they were about 1" to1.5" him and Vito got into it a little the bottom part of his eye was flapped out but now it seems to look almost normal he is my second biggest but a few milimeters!
other than that they dont even fight anymore but man do they like to rip sh*t apart

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.