Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Looking around the internet for ideas on captive pet octopus and general octopus information... and came across these! I think i'l just stick to my pygocentrus species for now LOL.

Octopus attacks scuba diver...

Octopus attacks and eats a shark...

Just wow, also the diver clip is a bit frightening!

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Octopii are a handfull to keep in the aquarium. I once cuaght one during a beach outing. It was a small one but they are great escape artists. they can literally squeeze thru almost any opening. And they can also push out duct tape or most kinds of material you would use to patch up any holes in the tank's hood. But it can be done. Very interesting to keep. Changes color depending on surroundings and temperament.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and why didn't the cameraman help??!!
Hahaha I know, I was thinking the same thing. I think if the scuba diver started to be eaten then he would have still filmed for his documentary! LOL.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Its amazing I know... here is another clip of an octopus and its camouflage abilities. I didnt know if it was real or fake, but watch the slow motion reversed repay at the end.... looks very realistic and true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj-a0iS-s4s...ted&search=

Its aparantly a biological chemical reaction that takes place within the pigmintation of skin and muscle surface cells.... what you guys think?

·
These colours don't run !
4,895 Posts
that first one must be like kissing my nan !!

·
Registered
779 Posts
People think octopuses are dummies but they're actually pretty smart & can learn/remember stuff (saw it on docu)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Rule #1 of being a scuba diver = dont f*ck with living things (coral etc including obviously octopus). Dude in the first video got what he deserved. I wish I could set up a salt water aquarium but I dont have the 1000s to spend on liverock unfortunatly. I did see a small octopus for sale once for 80 dollars tho... great videos!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts