Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
just wanted people to know about the conversation i had with the fish keeper that works at the zoo in ashboro nc. i called her to ask questions about getting my tank to cycle faster and more efficiantlyi asked her about stress zime and this stuff called cycle.she said that they where pretty much a waste of money.stress zime goes for about 3 to 5 dollars and cycle is 20 dollars.both report it can be used in fresh or salt watr aquariums,this is false she said,fresh water bacterias,cant survive in salt water,just like salt water bacterias cant live in fresh water.so i asked her what do you suggest i do,she told me that the zoo uses this stuff called biozyme.and she said that not all pets stores have it.luckily i went to a pet and hobby shop and they had it.the best part is its 100% natural and only cost 3 bucks.the directions tell you how to use it.the lady at the zoo said,she garantees you can take a new tank and use the biozyme and your tank will be cycled in 1 week.i just thought i would throw this out to every body.

crashbfc

· Captain P
2,678 Posts
crashbfc said:
just wanted people to know about the conversation i had with the fish keeper that works at the zoo in ashboro nc. i called her to ask questions about getting my tank to cycle faster and more efficiantlyi asked her about stress zime and this stuff called cycle.she said that they where pretty much a waste of money.stress zime goes for about 3 to 5 dollars and cycle is 20 dollars.both report it can be used in fresh or salt watr aquariums,this is false she said,fresh water bacterias,cant survive in salt water,just like salt water bacterias cant live in fresh water.so i asked her what do you suggest i do,she told me that the zoo uses this stuff called biozyme.and she said that not all pets stores have it.luckily i went to a pet and hobby shop and they had it.the best part is its 100% natural and only cost 3 bucks.the directions tell you how to use it.the lady at the zoo said,she garantees you can take a new tank and use the biozyme and your tank will be cycled in 1 week.i just thought i would throw this out to every body.
crashbfc
[snapback]846028[/snapback]​
My LFS told me the same thing. I'm trying it out on one of my tanks. But I won't really know if it works because I'm also using established media from another tank. Bio-Spira I hear works really good. I tryed it on my first tank and it did'nt work though

· Registered
1,900 Posts
nothing beats bio spira. i have had a friend who has used this biozyme and it took him 4 weeks to cycle a tank. nothing beats the 4 days that bio spira took to cycle one of my 55g. keep us posted on how long it takes to cycle your tank though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.