Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,000 Posts
thanks. how long after using Bio spira can i put my p's in. 2weeks? it is 55 gal. tank
You need an ammonia source in the tank in order for the bio spira to work. You will need to match the ammonia source with what you plan on stocking the tank. There are different experiences with bio spira up and down this forum. I haven't used it in years but up to 10 days was average for me with my heavier ammonia load. Also "cycle" is BS in a bottle when it comes to cycling a tank.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
cycle takes too long, you can get better results with bio or pond bacteria
OR straight ammonia works too!!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cycle takes too long, you can get better results with bio or pond bacteria
OR straight ammonia works too!!!!
Wont ammonia kill your fish? If not what is the best was to cycle it. I have a cycled goldfish tank. will it speed it up if i add some of there water????

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
cycle is worthless. Biospira is the only product on the market that adds the needed bact to your tank instantly.

You do need an ammonia source. So I suggest you get a bunch of large feeders and toss them in the tank while the biospira establishes itself. 2weeks is a good amount of time probably don't need that long tho.
the large feeders are good to use because of the high level of waste they produce and they are cheap and disposable.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
best thing to do is get a friend or a fish store that is changing their filter media, and run that in your filter, it will have all of the benifical bacteria that you need, plus some organics for them to break down before you introduce fish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts