Piranhas Forum banner

Cycle/plants

764 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Riverbait 
#1 ·
How many adult cariba piranhas is the maximum in a 120 gal tank. I was thinking of 3 or 4 .
Will artificial plants be destroyed by these fish? Can someone post pics of tank with articial plants (amazon swordstail etc..)
Is it ok to put a bucket of tank water from my 55 gal goldfish tank (water never changed after 4 years) into my new tank? Does this help with the cycle process?

#3 ·
Riverbait said:
How many adult cariba piranhas is the maximum in a 120 gal tank. I was thinking of 3 or 4 .
Will artificial plants be destroyed by these fish? Can someone post pics of tank with articial plants (amazon swordstail etc..)
Is it ok to put a bucket of tank water from my 55 gal goldfish tank (water never changed after 4 years) into my new tank? Does this help with the cycle process?
[snapback]859333[/snapback]​
You can do more than four, I'd go with 6 to 8 max. As for the water, that will help speed it up, but you havent changed it for 4 years?!?
Is that a typo, I hope so?

#4 ·
Yes it's true. I have added water as it evaporates, but never changed it. I clean the green algae off the glass. However the water is still very clear and my gold fish are all very healthy. I don't even use a filter. I am not saying that is necessarily agood thing, but my fish are very happy. I should add that there are only four goldfish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.