Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Captain P
2,678 Posts
Filo said:
What type of filtration on them? Heater brand/watts? Powerheads?
[snapback]856557[/snapback]​
Well I was looking more for a decor critique, but the 75 has an emp 400, magnum 350 w bio wheels, aquatech 5-15, penguin 550 powerhead, 300 watt heater (keeps it at 79 degrees). This tank has 3 2 inch rbp's

and the 90 has an emporer 400 and a penguin 660 powerhead , visitherm 200 and a pro heat 2 digital heater 250 watt (its cycling with mollies)

G

·
Yeah they are looking good matey. I wish I had left mine a little less decorated. Makes cleaning up and viewing a fair bit more tricky.

They still have spots they can hide but swiming room and viewing are at a max. I'm not a big fan of the gravel, I prefer the single colour looking substrates. But thats just me.

Is that Captain P in the picture? If so his dorsal is looking better, you can see by photos they are growing. Starting to look less cute and more mean!

Finalized plans for the 90 yet!?

· Registered
6,976 Posts
Hey they both look great to me, i like the dark to light set up of the 75 gallon. don't worry about the bright lights of the 90gallon, the piranhas will adjust just fine. you don't have to not be able to see your fish to have happy piranhas. i have almost never dimmed my lights and my fish were never skittish because of it.

· Registered
6,976 Posts
Hey they both look great to me, i like the dark to light set up of the 75 gallon. don't worry about the bright lights of the 90gallon, the piranhas will adjust just fine. you don't have to not be able to see your fish to have happy piranhas. i have almost never dimmed my lights and my fish were never skittish because of it.

· Captain P
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Genin said:
[snapback]857041[/snapback]​
The jury is still out on that big piece of driftwood in the 90 (its leaning against the aquarium to stand it up like that). I'm not sure if I like it or not, but I paid for it so I might leave it in there.
The lighting in the 75 was done with different color bandanas. I have p's in that one. Lighting in the 90 will probably be done the same way once its done cycling.

· Captain P
2,678 Posts
PacmanXSA said:
It's really up to you, however I'm not a fan of fake plants.

Pac
[snapback]857988[/snapback]​
Well for the 90..... I just ordered 4 8 inch caribe
From George, pics shall follow later. Hope he gives me the p fury discount.

· Registered
2,040 Posts
well, tank decor IMO is what you think will work best for you and your piranhas. I mean, you are the one that has to clean and maintance the tank.

But if you want people to critique your tanks... here I go... Like Pac, do not like fake plants.. I think the look cheesy.. I also would paint or tint the back of the 90 gallon tank... or simply add a background from your lfs..

But hey... they look great

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.