Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive had 3 rbp's for about 3 months and they've grown from about an 1inch to about 4inches, anyways here recently they have been shooting to the top of my 55g tank (hitting the top) and shooting back down and then just going back to normal chillin. is this normal as they mature or could it be theyre not getting enough oxygen or what? any ideas would help thank. by the way i have an undergroud filter system and two back overflow filters.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
How often a day do they do this? Its either a sign of low oxygen in the tank but you would also be noticing them spend most of their time towards the top of the tank where the oxygen level is highest. Its most likely because they're filling their air bladder which allows them to raise and lower in the water and maneuver better.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive only seen them maybe do this twice in a day, they never go to the top and when they shoot down you can see like big air bubbles come from them, like theyre taking a big gulp of air and blowing it out as they go down. other than that they hang out at the bottom. they sit with theyre mouths open but arent like gasping for air.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Nothing to worry about, they are just filling their bladder as RCR said!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Judazzz said:
Any chance they usually do it after a feeding session?

Mine do, and I believe they swallow some air to compensate for the extra weight they gained by eating...
Thats what I was going to state. This does usually happen most after fedding sessions and or transferring from one tank to another.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.