Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,514 Posts
wel if they do eat the crayfish it will most likely give then some outstanding color..

i would definately advise against wild caught crey fish though, you have no idea what kind of disease/fungus/worms it could contaminate your tank with

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
WHoa first how big are your p's if they arent huge yet i would risk it personally .. they are known for pinching out eyes.. but if they are big enough its good food for ur p's and fun to watch.

* sry im stupid... 3-4 inches you could pry put them together u wil pry lose the crayfish so dont get anything special like a blue one or anything.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
ive always wanted to toss crayfish in my tank....but yeah, anything other then piranha's (and pleco in your case) will usually be dinner...i remeber catching a 5-6" one tossed it in my freinds tank to see the outcome....lets just say it was very nutritious

·
Registered
775 Posts
yeah man, do it.. would be a nice dinner for the Ps

My friend is trying to get me to put a lobster or crayfish in my piranha tank to see which one will win but I wont do it, I have too much time and money and pride in my ps.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I always wanted to see what would happen. But my pet store sells them for $2.50 a piece. what a rip off. do you think it is ok to put crawfish what are from a sport fishermens store. They sell them for like $0.50

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
I always wanted to see what would happen. But my pet store sells them for $2.50 a piece. what a rip off. do you think it is ok to put crawfish what are from a sport fishermens store. They sell them for like $0.50
u should make sure they're quarentined anyways....buy them from the fishermens store, keep them in a tank for a week or what not...then toss em in and watch the results

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have two crawfish in my 125 with 5 (4 to 6") Red Belly's. They have been in the tank for about a month now. I have quite a few hiding places for them and I only see them when I move things around to clean. Probably why they have lasted so long.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i have had an electric blue crayfish in with ten 4" rbp's for awhile...they never messed with him but he always fought them...never got eatin after 3 months of living with them...i got rid of those p's and the crayfish went to a friend but i am sure once the p's got bigger he would have been a meal

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
i have a blue clawed lobster in my tank. with my 5 red's they are great.
maybe try a larger lobster. it has worked so far for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts