Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For days my crayfish has been chasing and trying to eat all the fish in my tank.....Today I bought some feeders as a treat and as soon as I put one in, he chased one down and clawed it. Watching him eat was cool as he was just ripping the thing to shreds. When he was down to the head, he held it in his mouth and caught another fish! He held this one with its claws while he scarfed down the rest of the first kill. The Jewel went after his new kill but he defended it with all his might! It was a really cool interaction to watch.

·
Quintessential 80s Guy
5,857 Posts
I had a crayfish that would catch a few Rosy Red Minnows occasionally. But the most recent one I got just hides under a rock all the time and wont chase feeders at all.

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
nice i hear they clean up good

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This one really has no fear. He walks all around the cichlids and piranha and even claws them occassionally. I got this one because it was the most active out of all of them in the tank and took the LFS guy like 10 minutes to catch him!

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Is the one you are talking about the blue one you posted about a few days ago? I think that Imma have to get another crayfish. Ill have to get a big one though, my spilos killed a smaller one I got about a week ago. And that guy was a blue lobster. Hella $$.

~Dj

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
I guess blue crayfish then. Alot of LFS call them blue lobsters. Damn LFS!!!

~Dj

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
sounds sweet where is the pics?

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No the blue crayfish dies and was a wuss....this is a regular crayfish and he is 10X cooler than the blue one simply because he raises hell!

·
I HAVE THE SOUVLAKI POWER!!!!!
3,689 Posts
as i can tell the red crayfish are more aggressive than the blue.I don't now why but all the reds i had in the past were [email protected] crazy!!!!!

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
my crayfish hides under a rock all day

1 - 14 of 14 Posts