Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
205 Posts
Simon is my new crawfish addition to Charlie's (my Spilo) tank.

Anyways, I happened to look over at it the other day inbetween breaks of studying and noticed that the crawfish had come out of hiding and was going for the peice of shrimp that I had recenlty tossed in the tank.

I sat back to watch the events. Being that Charlie doens't like anybody!! But everytime that Charlie came near the crawfish, the crawfish would stand up, snap at him and bascially chase him away. He eventually did steal the shrimp and ate it.

I manage to snap a pic of him right after he stole the shrimp. I give the crawfish 3 weeks max at this rate.

· Registered
3,770 Posts
HAHAHA! that makes me remember when i first got my piranhas less then an inch. once they were one inch i had around 8 of them i put one gold fish in there and the gold fish would chace them away from the food. At my work we have alot of them. i get one gold fish and hand it two them. its awsome they just tair them apart.

· Registered
1,693 Posts
i enjoyed that same scenario for some time with my reds and two crayfish. i was scared shitless my p's would lose an eye from charging into one of those dump open claws while the two teams competed for food. the crayfish definitely had balls. then one morning, there were only three redbellies and a few crayfish claws lying on the gravel.
guess the reds just didn't think it was cute any more.

· Registered
3,063 Posts
mine love cray fish as a snack, it's interesting to watch them try and eat the crays because they sround it and then dart in from behind. no matter what way it turns the cray is screwed. Although i did have one survive and take refuge under one of the rocks that is on the bottom of my tank, he ate all of the scraps, was kind of handy actually.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.