Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I dont know who does what on this site, but I was wondering if anyone is into crappie fishing. And if they are, Where do you fish at?
I'm cant wait for next spawn season.

Green Plant Shorts Cap Baseball cap Here's a stringer of some good ones me and my uncle caught the last fishing trip of the summer last year.

P.S. That's my uncle, not me.

Attachments

·
Look into my eyes!
7,561 Posts
Yes. My biggest black crappie evr was 16.5", the biggest on my wall is 15.5".

I fish all over MN and ND.

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Excellent string there!, I haven't caught a crappie since I was a kid. I kind of miss it. I primarily fish musky and pike all season long now. I took time off of esox fishing to fish smallmouths last summer, and I had a great time. I caught my biggest SM ever at 3.5lbs.

I really should get back to those crappies!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

You got blacks in MN and ND huh? I've never fished in either of those states. Here in Missouri, we got black and whites both. Biggest I've ever caught was a black that was 15" and weight 3lb 14oz., and he's on my wall. lol

·
Look into my eyes!
7,561 Posts

You got blacks in MN and ND huh? I've never fished in either of those states. Here in Missouri, we got black and whites both. Biggest I've ever caught was a black that was 15" and weight 3lb 14oz., and he's on my wall. lol :nod:
[/quote]
WE mainly have blacks. I have never caught a white crappie in my life here, but I have heard of people catching them.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i like crappie, i usually catch them when aiming at bass with small rapalas. every now and again ill try to just catch crappie.
Yeah it's easy to catch a crappie with a rapala... like shad raps and such. I've caught some slab crappies on accident when I was bass fishing

·
Registered
14,959 Posts
Great fish, in fact they're gorgeous fish. I caught one a couple weeks ago in New Orleans. I was really surprised to catch one in the city.

·
Registered
14,959 Posts
Great fish, in fact they're gorgeous fish. I caught one a couple weeks ago in New Orleans. I was really surprised to catch one in the city.
Are you joking? Explain pls.

[/quote]

Not joking. I caught it while doing sampling for my research. Bayou St. John's is relatively natural (isn't a canal) but it goes through the city and also has exotic species (Texas cichlids). This crappie was the first one I've caught.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Are you joking? Explain pls.

[/quote]

Not joking. I caught it while doing sampling for my research. Bayou St. John's is relatively natural (isn't a canal) but it goes through the city and also has exotic species (Texas cichlids). This crappie was the first one I've caught.
[/quote]

That's awesome

I know where you're talking about too, I worked in New Orleans shortly after Katrina hit. Didnt take me long and I was on my way headed back north, I couldnt handle all the chaos down there.

·
these cold eyes lock much wonder...
5,370 Posts
ill stick to ice fishing its almost cold enuf here i get to smelt fish soon um shure to have some pics .. and my piranhas gonna like it to super fresh smelts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ill stick to ice fishing its almost cold enuf here i get to smelt fish soon um shure to have some pics .. and my piranhas gonna like it to super fresh smelts
I've never been ice fishing. But I recall, in upstate new york right on the canadian border, when I used to travel up there alot, when I was crossing lake champlain, ice fishing was real popular there.

·
these cold eyes lock much wonder...
5,370 Posts
ya its cold but its fun when your gettin buckets full ...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts