Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone should know by now that the possible conflict with Iraq will most likely occur very soon and the Army Reserve is preparing their troops for the possible deployment there. A coworker at my work was stationed in Fort Lewis to train for the upcoming conflict. Saturday morning he was found dead in his tent in his sleeping bag. No further details have been given to us as of late but this is very scary as he was only 42.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
i love the army sleeping bags, however i do belive it is easy to not get enuff air in them, however i do own two of them, but yea if he was using one, i think it is easy to not get enuff air in them.

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Sorry to here that Kevin. That is kind of scary. Do you know if any other Army troops died at Fort Lewis? If so, then you would know he didnt die due to "natural causes".

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
That does suck, and I pray all my marine friends come back in one peice, yeah I agree possible heartattack.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found out more info about his dead but its still incomplete and further investigations are being done. He died of asphixiation...unsure of spelling. This means basically that he suffocated. My thoughts are homicide as the only options in my mind not implying homicide are vomiting in his sleep and choking on it or any other type of obstruction. But even this seems vague because I would think you would react to suffocating while you're sleeping and wake up and struggle for air. If thats the case then he definitely would not still be in his sleeping bag or tent.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
sorry for the bad news :sad:

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
The 3 system sleeping bag are cool, but I too agree that it is real easy to not get enuf air in those damn things. Sorry bout your friend. My condolences are all yours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.