Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Hey all,
almost the end of the year, so I figured it's time to post a couple of new pictures for the last time in 2006.
Hope y'all enjoy them!

Fin Terrestrial plant Reptile Underwater Fish
Crenicichla compressiceps male
All 6 are still doing great in their 80 gallon tank, despite the fact that I'm bummed that only 2 out of the 6 turned out to be females (how bad can the division of sexes in an order be
). They're all in good condition, active, curious, and not that aggressive - they just f'n hate Otocinclus Catfish, for some reason (4 of the 6 have their eyeballs ripped out, although they're still alive and otherwise well).

Fin Fish supply Underwater Fish Water
L014 Sunshine Pleco (no flash)

Fin Fish Underwater Marine biology Terrestrial animal
L014 Sunshine Pleco - of all my fish, he's the biggest camera whore!

Reptile Snake Organism Terrestrial plant Scaled reptile
L020 Polka Dot Pleco's (I have four and am trying to breed them, which to the best of my knowledge would be a first)

Reptile Lizard Scaled reptile Iguania Fish
L027 Royal Pleco 'Rio Tocantins'

Organism Underwater Reptile Terrestrial animal Marine biology
L114 Demini Leopard Cactus Pleco showing off

Fin Fish Underwater Fish supply Tail
L200 Green Phantom Pleco Hi-Fin

Plant Terrestrial plant Terrestrial animal Scaled reptile Reptile
True Leopard Cactus Pleco (no flash)

Attachments

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
You and and your fish that "suck"!
Great shots as always Jonas. I like that little pike, but of course, my little C. Sveni could kick his ass any day of the week.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, guys

Nick: that's comparing Felix the housecat to a tiger... And still mine would beat up yours (just like my dad would beat up yours
)

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
jonas do u still have p's with your plecos

but great shots,u gotten alot better since the last time i saw your pics

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Man I always love to see all your plecos I want a pleco set-up bad you have such a wide variety of them Cool. What kind of camera do you use if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dr. Green: I sold my piranha's last autumn, because they got too big for their tank, and I also wanted to try something else. Now I have Pike Cichlids and Pleco's in my 80 gallon tank (used to be my Redbellies' tank).

nswhite: go for it, you won't be disappointed! It's a very different kind of community, but no less interesting than any other type of community. And anything from 20 gallons up should be fine, if you stick with small species, so you don't need a big tank for it. A large, powerfulk filter is essential, however: pleco's are incrediby messy! If you need any info or tips, just shoot me a pm.
I use a Canon EOS 350D (or Digital Rebel XT, as you may know it), btw. - a bit tough to get the hang of it (took me quite some months), but it's a fantastic camera, especially once you mastered the SLR photography basics!

Thanks for your kind words, guys!

·
Registered
14,959 Posts
Great stuff Jonas. Your collection is very impressive.

I've always wondered what you would keep if you lived in Brazil.

You'd probably be out collecting all the time :laugh:

·
Registered
22,692 Posts

I think I'd just fence off a bit of river and call it my open top tank

I do actually plan to visit Brazil (Manaus) on my next vacation, though (as soon as I have enough money - I'm still playing violin on street corners to pay off my trip to China, you know
:laugh: )

Thanks for your compliments, gents

·
Registered
14,959 Posts

I think I'd just fence off a bit of river and call it my open top tank

I do actually plan to visit Brazil (Manaus) on my next vacation, though (as soon as I have enough money - I'm still playing violin on street corners to pay off my trip to China, you know
:laugh: )

Thanks for your compliments, gents

[/quote]

Great stuff. Any thoughts about getting permits for collecting?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts